LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my question is,
on a 83 box caprice, when i start to weld the c-channel, do i cut out the trunk above the rear perches and weld the c-channel to them? or do i get rid of the perches? it seems as if the perches were there, that it would be stronger. or do i weld them under the perches.
thanks for any replys that help.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
there are no set rules for the placement of the c channel if u mount it under the perches you cant run asmuch coil n still lay if you mount it above the perches you can run more coil n still lay so basicly its whats easier for you and what do you need it to do ,ive welded mine directly to the top of the rear perches n kept the perches in place n it works great for me

D

·
0 Posts
Why do people ask these questions about building a serious hopper when they do not know the basics of hydraulics?? Are you planning on welding it yourself? Or have a shop do it. Sounds to me like you are going to tackle this. :uh:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Dec 22 2003, 04:51 PM
Why do people ask these questions about building a serious hopper when they do not know the basics of hydraulics?? Are you planning on welding it yourself? Or have a shop do it. Sounds to me like you are going to tackle this. :uh:
well i dont know where the deal about the serious hopper came from, but its ok, i understand. ;)
i am doing it myself cuz i dont trust very many people. and why i asked this question is because the easy way out is usually the wrong way to do things. going from the top of the perches seems too easy, compared to going from the bottom, or cutting the perches.
thanks for the help everyone. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts