LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the wifey said she'd get me an air compressor so i could start doing my own work my question is what are some things i should definately look for and what is a decent size....we'll probably be looking at sears or some place like that...any feedback welcome :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey buddie, good to hear that you're gonna be starting your own stuff. As far as what you should loook for in a compressor, you should look at the horse power and the tank size. You should get one with a decent horse power so that you can run other tools beside your spray gun. I think 4 to 5 hp will be fine. You want a tank that's big enough to hold adequate amont of air so that it doesn't run out of air too often. Obviously, you don't want one that's too big if you are working at home...maybe 21 gallons or so? There is a place you should check out called Harbor Freight. Their compressors are cheap and comparable to that of Sears. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt thanks for the responses yea im going to be running air sanders/tools and other stuff and also painting with it...anyone else got some advice

·
Registered
180 Posts
make sure it's at least 10 cfm at 50 psi for painting with hvlp or if you already have a gun check it's specs .
I would go with Eaton though also , compressor manufacturers lie on specs MANY times

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TTT thanks for the words fellas i'd like to hear somemore come on people im going monday to get this :biggrin:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Theres not a whole lot more to say its on your prefrence on what you want and can afford, if you do this for a living yeah go out and get the best compressor you can afford, if your like me and this is a hobby my us general compressor works just fine painted my truck with it no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts