LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 RF He 8ohm 12s 1blown the other works...i just bought a 4ohm(wanted an 8ohm..thought thats what i bout..have to take it back) sub yester day to replace the blown one the subs are bridged in parallel......i don't think it would work but just wanted to check and see what yall have to say...

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Sep 3 2003, 01:18 PM~1027758
i have 2 RF He 8ohm 12s 1blown the other works...i just bought a 4ohm(wanted an 8ohm..thought thats what i bout..have to take it back) sub yester day to replace the blown one the subs are bridged in parallel......i don't think it would work but just wanted to check and see what yall have to say...
I wouldnt do it but whatever your fancy is cool I guess :uh:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Sep 3 2003, 04:18 PM~1027758

two of the single voice coild 8ohm 12's wired in parellel will yield a 4ohm load on your amplifier...

i personally wouldnt wire a 8ohm and a 4ohm sub/speaker together...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was going to reply to this earlier, but the original post was over 2yrs ago.

a 4 and an 8 in parallel will give a 2.667 ohm load, the amp may handle it but we don't know what amp it is.

the main problem would be the fact that one sub will play with twice the current as the other and will have some cancellation and will not perform as well as having both subs the same impeadance.

DC

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Im not gonna touch that one....

·
Registered
10,429 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts