LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a friends car.......his first lowrider too.

I wanted to help him out with a quick costom paint job.......but I couln't make it a compleat hookup, besides he wanted to do as much as the work himself as he could.....

At the end I just ended up touchup a bit of his bodywork, then spraying the paint.

It begins

[attachmentid=240637]

Body work/ highbuild primer/ sealerprimer/ and base pics are MIA at the moment, but will post as soon as they are found :(

Starting to mask out some simple patterns after the base
[attachmentid=240639]
[attachmentid=240645]
[attachmentid=240649]

Final coat of clear done :biggrin:

[attachmentid=240651]

Some outside and close up pix
[attachmentid=240654]
[attachmentid=240659]

More pix to come as it gets put together, cut&Buffed, and pinstirped ;)
but for now it's back to the boring fixer uppers :uh:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by /\Chris/\@Aug 9 2005, 11:22 PM~3574846
:cool: Its looks like some gangster ass marblizer.

Thats exactly what it is ;) :biggrin:

I didn't have any real marblizer on hand.....so I made my own......It didn't quit give me the pronounce effect that I wanted, mostly cuz of the heat (over 100 that day) but it did give it that extra kick.

Disclamer.........if you'r not sure you can make you'r own marblizer, just stick with using the real stuff........it's not that expensive, and you will get a better overall effect.

However if it's a last minute idea, and you have some supplies left over then, you can mix...

8 parts topcoat clear
1 part hardner
2 parts reducer
1-2 parts color

You kind of have to play with it a bit, depending on the effect you want, the color defrence and TEMPETURE...... and I should have paid more attention to that last one :uh:

it was a last minute idea, one my friend had no clue on what it was, but loved it the moment we removed the first sheet of plastic :cool:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Alex....That Looks Good Bro.....So when are you coming down to Texas...Towards the end of the month right?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Alex Post up a how-to on that marbilizer style there. Step buy step.. what color and brand paint used on this job??

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys........it's at the mechanics right now getting some fine tunning done.......It's still not fully put together cuz I want to wait a bit longer for cutting and buffing, :cool:

[attachmentid=241421]

[attachmentid=241422]

[attachmentid=241423]

[attachmentid=241424]

[attachmentid=241426]

[attachmentid=241427]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 86TXMonte@Aug 10 2005, 11:29 AM~3580552
Alex....That Looks Good Bro.....So when are you coming down to Texas...Towards the end of the month right?

The plan is for the end of the month....but I may stay a little longer just to rap things up...........I got a last minut request for a blue ice pearl over light blue job on a Monte LX sport.

I'll be starting on that one after this weekend, and I still need to redue my motorcycle.......cuting and buffing on this regal and on a 53 pickup a did earler this summer.......my brother has a work truck that needs a quick bc/cc as well, and some pinstriping that I want to try out.....

so as you can see I got my work cut out for me.........but after I take care of all that, I'll be on my way down south :cool:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts