LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that for a real candy paint job you need to have a gold or silver base???But what if the color you want the car to be gold do you apply gold candy over a gold or silver base? How about patterns is done in a darker gold candy or is it a build up of candy paint over the patterns. Maybe the pic might help with my questions

img]///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Steve%20Edwards/My%20Documents/post-6-1059455695%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn pic didn't post :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
upload your pic in the post your rides section..............then after it shows up there right click.............go down to properties...........copy that.............then paste that on this topic.......

or hell just send the pic. to my email and i'll do it for ya...........

[email protected]

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 3 2003, 02:16 PM
upload your pic in the post your rides section..............then after it shows up there right click.............go down to properties...........copy that.............then paste that on this topic.......

or hell just send the pic. to my email and i'll do it for ya...........

[email protected]
Let me see if this works:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Bigthangs@Aug 2 2003, 03:10 PM
I heard that for a real candy paint job you need to have a gold or silver base???But what if the color you want the car to be gold do you apply gold candy over a gold or silver base? How about patterns is done in a darker gold candy or is it a build up of candy paint over the patterns. Maybe the pic might help with my questions

img]///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Steve%20Edwards/My%20Documents/post-6-1059455695%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^Thanks Kartoon ;) ;)

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Illustrious Auto Works@Aug 4 2003, 02:44 AM
Looks to me like that car has ghost patterns done in a darker base, then gold candy over top... are you thinking about respraying your whole car now?
Nah my boy has a gold 64 Imp He's trying to make a decision on paint while we have the frame off the car. I'm still goin to call you to check your schedule. ;)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
what do you want on your car? dont do what everyone thinks do what you like. when candies first came out only gold and silver base. know there are lots of bases for lots of different shades and colors.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay can someone explain the steps in laymen’s terms???

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Light gold base

Flake - Id use multiple colors of gold & some silver mixed in .

Darker gold patterns

Light silver patterns

Dark silver patterns

Orange / Gold ( Light Copper colored) mix patterns

Kandy coat & Clear............................................

** You can do any combo of basecoats & then do any combo of patterns under the kandy to get that look -- All depends on what kandy color your using too - Pagan Gold , ECT ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts