LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 68 caprice. i was foolish enough to put 18's in it first and kept putting the strokes through the rear deck. so now it downgrade timei am looking to put 14's in the rear. will i have to use drop mounts or have a slip. i also have a set of adjustable uppers.

BTW the 18s are for sale best offer. no pics though of them. they are the prohopper big daddy's

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by dubbrollin@Jan 3 2009, 09:29 PM~12596789
i have a 68 caprice. i was foolish enough to put 18's in it first and kept putting the strokes through the rear deck. so now it downgrade timei am looking to put 14's in the rear. will i have to use drop mounts or have a slip. i also have a set of adjustable uppers.

BTW the 18s are for sale best offer. no pics though of them. they are the prohopper big daddy's

if u want to get a higher lock up in the rear with minimal pinion angle movement then drop mounts are a good way to go, downside to that is u loose ur standing 3 wheel, the car will still hit a rolling 3 though...you have the choices of extending ur lower trailing arms out to pull the driveshaft out the tranny...usually 2 inches is about the max i would extend them too..or u can cut 2 inches off the drive shaft and leave ur lowers stock. or cut a inch off the drive shaft and extend the lowers an inch...pretty much what u feel best suits ur needs...me personally i like the slip on my driveshaft. since i have had it on i havent ripped out a tranny mount since...i also have adjustable uppers and lowers

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 3 2009, 07:49 PM~12596997
if u want to get a higher lock up in the rear with minimal pinion angle movement then drop mounts are a good way to go,  downside to that is u loose ur standing 3 wheel,  the car will still hit a rolling 3 though...you have the choices of extending ur lower trailing arms out to pull the driveshaft out the tranny...usually 2 inches is about the max i would extend them too..or u can cut 2 inches off the drive shaft and leave ur lowers stock. or cut a inch off the drive shaft and extend the lowers an inch...pretty much what u feel best suits ur needs...me personally i like the slip on my driveshaft.  since i have had it on i havent ripped out a tranny mount since...i also have adjustable uppers and lowers

good info thx. yeah i like a high standing 3. i think ext the lowers will be the way to go for me. whats the going rate for a slip?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by dubbrollin@Jan 4 2009, 11:57 AM~12601062
good info thx. yeah i like a high standing 3. i think ext the lowers will be the way to go for me. whats the going rate for a slip?

if im not mistaken i believe ron at black magic has them for about 200 maybe a lil less if he is running a sale...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 4 2009, 12:07 PM~12601983
if im not mistaken i believe ron at black magic has them for about 200 maybe a lil less if he is running a sale...
:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts