LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys, any of you into antique bikes? I'm lookin into buying a Schwinn Black Phantom but don't know what to look for in the serial number on these. I know in the 60s Schwinn made a new serial number system to identify the frame by year and month but I dont understand the old system on previous years.

Thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hey, I might not know a bunch about these things but i do know that if you go on a search such as aol or google search and type in "Schwinn serial numbers" a bunch of sites with info should come up, that should solve your problem?

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by TonyO@Oct 29 2003, 09:38 AM
Yo guys, any of you into antique bikes? I'm lookin into buying a Schwinn Black Phantom but don't know what to look for in the serial number on these. I know in the 60s Schwinn made a new serial number system to identify the frame by year and month but I dont understand the old system on previous years.

Thanks.
www.oldroads.com they have a serial number chart

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I might be able to find you a specific frame if you find the serial number you want because my cousin is selling of 60s schwin frames real cheap so pm me if you need it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts