LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polypack seals in there cylinders instead of the o rings & back up washers?

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by 2drWood@Oct 29 2003, 11:31 PM
No... Let us know how it works out... :uh:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Naughty T+Oct 29 2003, 08:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naughty T @ Oct 29 2003, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--2drWood@Oct 29 2003, 11:31 PM
No... Let us know how it works out... :uh:[/b][/quote]
I know they work great..........I just always tell people about them but it seems like they never heard of them

They are used for industrial hydro applications. The more pressure that hits them the more they expand against the outer walls makin g them blowproof

I've been wanting someone else to try them & see if they had the same great luck with them that I had.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by 2drWood@Oct 29 2003, 08:31 PM
yes, and use u-cup types.

these hold up to higher pressure, more abuse and have less leak down.

:biggrin: ,

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Oct 29 2003, 08:44 PM

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos+Oct 29 2003, 08:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cruz_Campos @ Oct 29 2003, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--2drWood@Oct 29 2003, 08:31 PM
yes, and use u-cup seals.

cc[/b][/quote]
I think those are basically the same concept.............write or wrong, not sure, some peeps probably call them diferent names

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by 2drWood+Oct 29 2003, 08:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2drWood @ Oct 29 2003, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2003, 08:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--2drWood
@Oct 29 2003, 08:31 PM

cc
I think those are basically the same concept.............write or wrong, not sure, some peeps probably call them diferent names[/b][/quote]
if you go to an industrial hydro shop yes.

:),

cc

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos+Oct 29 2003, 09:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cruz_Campos @ Oct 29 2003, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2003, 08:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--2drWood
@Oct 29 2003, 08:31 PM

cc

I think those are basically the same concept.............write or wrong, not sure, some peeps probably call them diferent names
if you go to an industrial hydro shop yes.

:),

cc[/b][/quote]
Glad someone has heard/tried them.

I swear anytime I get cylinders from now on I'm throwin out the o rings & plastic shit from the get go & using these. :)

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Are these looking like seals ?

If so..

I think Pallies or Ottos used to sell a cylinder called BLACKS. They came stock on in the cylinders, but those seals were a real pain to r/r. Once you got the cylinder in the bore, (which was another pain), the shaft was tight as hell. You has to stomp on them to get them to move in the bore , even with lube.

Nice looking cylinders,

I had to make a tool just to get them on. But I only used it once. I sold the cylinders because I thought they were too tight to hop on. They had to be the best cylinders I ever had for not leaking.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't have any probs getting mine together.

The only thing I could complain about was until they got broke in I guess they had a little creeking noise, like a rubber bushing skweaking

·
Registered
889 Posts
THEY ARE CALLED PACKING SEALS, THEY WORK GOOD FOR USING THE SYSTEM PRESSURE TO SEAL ON BUT THEY STILL LEAK A BIT, YOU NEED A PACKING AT THE TOP AND A O-RING ON THE BOTTOM SLOTS

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The u-cup seals are the best thing going. I haven't had an actual "failure" in years. But I'm sure it also helps that I change my seals every year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts