LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody please help me out, need assistance!.....Base on my stupidity, and ignorance, the bigger the tank, the more play time. The more PSI ->quicker to lift?

I am not very familiar with the whole Air System, but I was thinking of getting some air bags for my 78 Monte Carlo. I want something quick, and that can move all motions.

I was looking into the kits from coolcars.org Here I found two Kits but I am unsure. Which one is best or can someone recommend something?

http://www.coolcars.org/air/hi_res/2multiport.jpg

"(12-6500) 1/2 UP - 1/2 DOWN FBSS KIT
THIS KIT INCLUDES: 4- ViAir 450 Compressors, 1- 12 Gallon Multiport Tank, 8- 1 way 1/2 SMC Valves, 1- 150psi. Pressure Switch, 1- 10 Switch Pre-wired Box, 1- Single Needle Gauge, 4- Air Bags, All Fittings and 60ft. Air Line."

OR

http://www.coolcars.org/air/hi_res/fastbag.jpg

"(11-9212) 1/2 FBSS FAST BAG KIT
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
2- ViAir 450 Compressors, 2- 5 Gallon Tanks, 8- 1 way 1/2 Fast Valves, 1- 150psi. Pressure Switch, 1- Glass Water Trap, 1- 10 Switch Pre-wired Box, 4- Air Bags, All Fittings and 60ft. Air Line."

Which way should I go, or what can I do? If anybody can help me out, I would gladly appreciated....Thanks!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Originally posted by Clandestino@Jan 21 2010, 10:59 PM~16371934
Can somebody please help me out, need assistance!.....Base on my stupidity,  and  ignorance, the bigger the  tank,  the  more  play  time.  The  more    PSI ->quicker to lift?

I am not very familiar with the whole Air System, but I was thinking of getting some air bags for my 78 Monte Carlo.  I want something quick, and that can move all motions.

I was looking into the kits from coolcars.org Here I found two Kits but I am unsure. Which one is best or can someone recommend something?

http://www.coolcars.org/air/hi_res/2multiport.jpg

"(12-6500) 1/2 UP - 1/2 DOWN FBSS KIT
THIS KIT INCLUDES: 4- ViAir 450 Compressors, 1- 12 Gallon Multiport Tank, 8- 1 way 1/2 SMC Valves, 1- 150psi. Pressure Switch, 1- 10 Switch Pre-wired Box, 1- Single Needle Gauge, 4- Air Bags, All Fittings and 60ft. Air Line."

OR

http://www.coolcars.org/air/hi_res/fastbag.jpg

"(11-9212) 1/2 FBSS FAST BAG KIT
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
2- ViAir 450 Compressors, 2- 5 Gallon Tanks, 8- 1 way 1/2 Fast Valves, 1- 150psi. Pressure Switch, 1- Glass Water Trap, 1- 10 Switch Pre-wired Box, 4- Air Bags, All Fittings and 60ft. Air Line."
Which way should I go, or what can I do? If anybody can help me out, I would gladly appreciated....Thanks!

well if youre gonna want some speed,neither of those kits will satisfy your need. they will be OK speed wise but at only 150 psi it wont be much.

on the first kit its listed for $1,499 and it has four viair 450 comps. thats good and bad.GOOD-because youll have a decently quick refill time. BAD-bacause theyre not 100% duty cycle(theyll shut down due to heat after a certain amount of run time,usually around 15-20min)and thats going to be a big current draw on your electrical system,so you better have a good electrical setup to support four comps.

second kit is $1,299. and is going to have a bit slower fill time since its only two comps and two 5gal tanks,but will have the thermal issue as the first kit.but it all depends on play time. if your switch happy,those comps arent going to keep up with you.if youre just looking for a park and lay setup then youll be fine.

and IMO the worst part of both kits is that they come with firestone bags.

now for the price of kit #2 you can pick up this kit from suicide doors.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/air-management...gement-kit-2-12

$1,279.99

2 VIAIR 480 COMPRESSORS
8 GALLON BLACK 8 PORT TANK WITH 1/2" PORTS
8 SMC 1/2” VALVES
AVS 9 SWITCH BOX W/ LOCK (YOU CHOOSE COLOR)
165/200 PRESSURE SWITCH
VIAIR HIGH AMP RELAY
2 DUAL NEEDLE AIRLIFT 200 PSI GAUGES
1 SINGLE NEEDLE AIRLIFT 200 PSI GAUGE
4 SLAM RE, OR AIRLIFT DOMINATOR BAGS (YOU CHOOSE)
SMC 1/2" WATER/OIL TRAP
50’ OF SMC 1/2" DOT AIRLINE
50’ OF SMC 1/4" DOT AIRLINE

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by badcayne@Jan 22 2010, 02:46 AM~16372494
well if youre gonna want some speed,neither of those kits will satisfy your need. they will be OK speed wise but at only 150 psi it wont be much.

on the first kit its listed for $1,499 and it has four viair 450 comps. thats good and bad.GOOD-because youll have a decently quick refill time. BAD-bacause theyre not 100% duty cycle(theyll shut down due to heat after a certain amount of run time,usually around 15-20min)and thats going to be a big current draw on your electrical system,so you better have a good electrical setup to support four comps.

second kit is $1,299. and is going to have a bit slower fill time since its only two comps and two 5gal tanks,but will have the thermal issue as the first kit.but it all depends on play time. if your switch happy,those comps arent going to keep up with you.if youre just looking for a park and lay setup then youll be fine.

and IMO the worst part of both kits is that they come with firestone bags.

now for the price of kit #2 you can pick up this kit from suicide doors.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/air-management...gement-kit-2-12

$1,279.99

2 VIAIR 480 COMPRESSORS
8 GALLON BLACK 8 PORT TANK WITH 1/2" PORTS
8 SMC 1/2” VALVES
AVS 9 SWITCH BOX W/ LOCK (YOU CHOOSE COLOR)
165/200 PRESSURE SWITCH
VIAIR HIGH AMP RELAY
2 DUAL NEEDLE AIRLIFT 200 PSI GAUGES
1 SINGLE NEEDLE AIRLIFT 200 PSI GAUGE
4 SLAM RE, OR AIRLIFT DOMINATOR BAGS (YOU CHOOSE)
SMC 1/2" WATER/OIL TRAP
50’ OF SMC 1/2" DOT AIRLINE
50’ OF SMC 1/4" DOT AIRLINE

Really, Thanks for your response. I'll look into website! So it is best of both world? Much more faster, stronger, and reliable!

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
On my 84 Regal I got the CCE kit. 3/8 evrything 2500 in the front 2600 firestones in the rear. 150 PSI comp & pressure switch. Recently upgraded to Slam RE7's in the front & 1/2" valves & 200 PSI & now it gets about an inch off the ground 1st hit when the tanks full. When I had the 150 PSI shit I would have to wait 2 tank fills to have it high enough to drive. Wish I had known about this site before I bought it. Could've saved me alot of money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, good thing I did post here before anything. I guess you were in my situation! It sucks when your new, and you dont know shit. I've been doing my research though.

"Recently upgraded to Slam RE7's in the front & 1/2" valves & 200 PSI & now it gets about an inch off the ground,"

The bags that you swap to the Slam RE7, what are the difference? are they bigger? so the bigger the bag the more your car lift?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Originally posted by Clandestino@Jan 22 2010, 10:11 AM~16375112
Wow, good thing I did post here before anything. I guess you were in my situation! It sucks when your new, and you dont know shit. I've been doing my research though.

"Recently upgraded to Slam RE7's in the front & 1/2" valves & 200 PSI & now it gets about an inch off the ground,"

The bags that you swap to the Slam RE7, what are the difference? are they bigger? so the bigger the bag the more your car lift?
Yeah the more lift & it takes less PSI to fill them. And Slams dont balloon out when inflated like Firestones do & the Slams have internal bump stops built in.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Clandestino@Jan 22 2010, 11:11 AM~16375112

Call up the forum sponsor. Talk to KEVIN he'll get you lined up w/ a better kit that CCE "Universal kit"

Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 22 2010, 11:23 AM~16375244
Yeah the more lift & it takes less PSI to fill them. And Slams dont balloon out when inflated like Firestones do & the Slams have internal bump stops built in.
YEZZZEEEERRRRRRRR

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 22 2010, 11:23 AM~16375244
I still love my Firestones

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 22 2010, 03:31 PM~16376387
Call up the forum sponsor. Talk to KEVIN he'll get you lined up w/ a better kit that CCE "Universal kit"
YEZZZEEEERRRRRRRR
Whos Kevin and how do I get a hold of him?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by Clandestino@Jan 22 2010, 04:31 PM~16377958
Whos Kevin and how do I get a hold of him?
1.866.FUK.NLOW or click on the forum sponsor link, the gif that has AAC all over it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 22 2010, 01:00 PM~16375033
On my 84 Regal I got the CCE kit. 3/8 evrything 2500 in the front 2600 firestones in the rear. 150 PSI comp & pressure switch. Recently upgraded to Slam RE7's in the front & 1/2" valves & 200 PSI & now it gets about an inch off the ground 1st hit when the tanks full. When I had the 150 PSI shit I would have to wait 2 tank fills to have it high enough to drive. Wish I had known about this site before I bought it. Could've saved me alot of money.

What is the difference with the Slam bags RE6s, RE7s, and RE8s? Which are better, or which could fit my 78 Monte Carlo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, cool! Can you post or send me some pictures of your Regal, set up, dropped and lifted if you dont mind?

Is it necessary to keep the shocks, or no shocks needed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 23 2010, 01:26 AM~16382110
Do atleast the 7's. Had to trim the spring pocket in the front like this.

Cool, cool! Can you post or send me some pictures of your Regal, set up, dropped and lifted if you dont mind?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Originally posted by Clandestino@Jan 22 2010, 11:09 PM~16382502

Ah you said shocks. I dont have them but if I put them on I would probably wish I had never kept them off. Just havent had the time to put them on. I guess it would be personal preference though.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Dont get it from CCE. I did. Terrible customer service, pain in the ass people. Dont waste your time (or money) with them.

·
Registered
480 Posts
acc they have always shipped same day or fast as fauck. lol more than happy with them trust me and im not in anyway related to them just a really happy customer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts