LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup,
this is my second time posting here,
I have an 81 regal my bro gave me. so I'm just getting into the LR scene I always wanted a lolo. so I've been fixing her up.
My problem right now is that she has real real strong gas order coming from her when I have her parked in the Garage. I had the carb rebuilt and put in a new cat. a few weeks ago thinking this would slove my problem. but it hasn't . also when I start her up in the morning she spits out black stuff out the tail pipe and it all over the the trash cans and on the garage floor whats causing this? any help would be helpful

Last edited by doobie at Dec 3 2003, 09:55 PM

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
somebody told me that it could be running to rich? what ever that means I might take it back to where I got the carb rebuilt

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
also that black smoke is just carbon buildup.............

if the car was sitting this will happen it is normal and to cure this just take it out on the highway and floor it (watch for cops) you might see a big cloud of black smoke behind you so don't panic it is just "cleaning" itself out.............

good luck man

·
Registered
85 Posts
definitely running rich. is it somewhat caked on the bottom of the tailpipe(s) too? that's what it is. just a minor adjustment needed. good luck with it bro.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok still working on the carb problem just been busy to get it adjusted...ok next problem my dash light gave out on me. are the replaceable and how hard is it to change them?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
dash light easy to change....gettint to them a different story.... and yeah just have the car adjusted...you'll be aight....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts