LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a 03 gs 300 and lost my key how can i start it with out it. i dont want to go to the dealer and get a key made any help would be nice thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Back_Bumper@Aug 16 2005, 03:56 AM~3633805
ok i got a 03 gs 300 and lost my key how can i start it with out it. i dont want to go to the dealer and get a key made  any help would be nice thanks.
So you can afford an 03 GS 300 but can't afford a key from the dealer? Sell the car and buy something you can afford to maintain instead of tryin to front.

Or you're lying and trying to figure out how to steal one ;)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 16 2005, 04:52 AM~3633990
So you can afford an 03 GS 300 but can't afford a key from the dealer? Sell the car and buy something you can afford to maintain instead of tryin to front.
Or you're lying and trying to figure out how to steal one ;)
:biggrin:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'M A LEXUS TECH THERE IS NO WAY W/OUT A KEY AND NOW YOU JUST CAN'T GO GET A KEY MADE YOU HAVE TO EITHER BUY A ECM W KEYS OR REPLACE YOUR ECM NEW AND BUY NEW KEYS TO PROGRAM, VEHICLE HAS AN IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM, SORRY SUCKS DO YOU HAVE A VALET KEY?

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Yeah, what ragseven said. and you should have got 4 keys with the car. I'm not toatally sure on it being an 03 but the older ones you could have a key made if you bring the VIN # and proof of ownership.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by RAGSEVEN@Aug 17 2005, 01:59 PM~3642020
I'M A LEXUS TECH THERE IS NO WAY W/OUT A KEY AND NOW YOU JUST CAN'T GO GET A KEY MADE YOU HAVE TO EITHER BUY A ECM W KEYS OR REPLACE YOUR ECM NEW AND BUY NEW KEYS TO PROGRAM, VEHICLE HAS AN IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM, SORRY SUCKS DO YOU HAVE A VALET KEY?
on yotas you can reprogram the ecu :uh:

·
Registered
286 Posts
DEPENDING ON THE YEAR AND SORRY THIS ISNT LIKE JUST ANY TOYOTA IT'S A LEXUS SIR. I GUESS IT'S POSSIBLE NEVER HEARD OF IT.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by RAGSEVEN@Aug 17 2005, 09:53 PM~3644766
DEPENDING ON THE YEAR AND SORRY THIS ISNT LIKE JUST ANY TOYOTA IT'S A LEXUS SIR. I GUESS IT'S POSSIBLE NEVER HEARD OF IT.
its a rebadged toyota. dont get all uppity.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Aug 19 2005, 01:50 PM~3656854
Is the immpbilizer/security light flashing when it cranks?  the first time it turned over, did it start for about 5 seconds and then die out?
no its jsut cranking. the engine immobilizer is wired directly into the ecm. you start this car, you would have to simulate the signal from the tranponder in the key.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Aug 19 2005, 02:52 PM~3658451
no its jsut cranking.  the engine immobilizer is wired directly into the ecm.  you start this car, you would have to simulate the signal from the tranponder in the key.
Right, and i don't believe there's a way to do it. I've re-programmed a bunch of high end european imports for new keys, new ecms, etc and have never found a way to "pirate" a signal to get the car started. If there's a way, let me know. Just get the new ecm and keys if that's what you need.

·
Registered
286 Posts
THATS EXACTLY WHAT HE NEEDS, NEW ECM AND KEYS GO TALK TO YOUR LOCAL LEXUS SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND MAYBE LEXUS CAN HELP YOU IT'S HIGHLY POSSIBLE THEY CAN.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Are you sure your not trying to jack thise car? Dont start hacking at wires,"IF" it is your car stop wasting time and goto the dealer,they should help you out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts