LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it as probably already been done. i was thinking about hooking up a 3000# or maybe even more pressured bottle of nitogen or co2 to the air port with a regulator in the middle but no check valve. set at maybe 200 psi or something. that way, you always have the pressure you are set at. but have any of you guys that normally run a competition block with an air valve do this? if not then why?

·
Registered
343 Posts
wrong forum, this is hydraulics not air

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
hydraulic blocks have air ports in them

so before u tell someone they are in the wrong forum learn what ur talking about

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im talking dro's bro. instead of a shrader valve on the competion style blocks,put a fitting there. then run a line to a co2 regulator, and that to a co2 bottle. has anyone tried this?

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Sep 26 2003, 01:58 AM
even if the rods held the tank would bulge and blow at 200
THATS WHY OUR PISTON PUMP TANK IS .188 WALL NOT, .065
AND FOR PSI I'VE RAN OVER 200.....ALOT MORE THAN 200...
BUT ,FOR YOUR IDEA... IT WOULD SLOW KEEP INCREASSSSSING
THE PRESSURE OVER 200 AS OIL IS TAKIN FROM THE TANK,TO FILL THE STROKES.......FINAL PRESSURE SHOULD BE AROUND 260 @ MAX....BUT IT WOULD WORK...ALOT TO DO FOR TANK PRESSURISATION , AND EXSPENSIVE ... :biggrin:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i am guessing that a marzocchi wontfit on that. but what is thehighest flowing head you offer and how muc for that pump?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
BlackMagicHydraulics

What pump head is that and who sells that?

Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics+Sep 27 2003, 11:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackMagicHydraulics @ Sep 27 2003, 11:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hydros@Sep 27 2003, 12:00 AM
Plumb the intake gears to an external tank.  Then you can use your high PSI tank.
HERES A PIC OF OUR EXTERNAL PUMP B.M OFFERS????

might give u some ideas :biggrin:[/b][/quote]

Last edited by Hydros at Sep 27 2003, 12:40 PM

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Sep 27 2003, 12:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Sep 27 2003, 12:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>BlackMagicHydraulics

What pump head is that?

Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 11:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hydros
@Sep 27 2003, 12:00 AM
Plumb the intake gears to an external tank.  Then you can use your high PSI tank.

HERES A PIC OF OUR EXTERNAL PUMP B.M OFFERS????

might give u some ideas :biggrin:
[/b][/quote]
:dunno: ;) :dunno: ;) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
thats pretty cool looking..

seems like the dump and the suction side of the pump are tee'd to the same line

no more leaky tanks!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Originally posted by mclover2@Sep 25 2003, 09:36 PM
im talking dro's bro. instead of a shrader valve on the competion style blocks,put a fitting there. then run a line to a co2 regulator, and that to a co2 bottle. has anyone tried this?
I would do it on the tank plug side, so it doesn't have to go through the oil.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts