LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a problem my pumps are not holding pressure when i hit it it comes back down i got new dumps on it what is my problem can any one help, getting new ones soon

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Could be metal shavings in the fluid or any other contaminates in the tank! When was the last time you changed your fluid?!

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by josep@Dec 23 2003, 05:57 PM
i got a problem my pumps are not holding pressure when i hit it it comes back down i got new dumps on it what is my problem can any one help, getting new ones soon
These pumps have internal check ball/springs they r in where the candle for the dump goes the push in side ways towards the pressure most likey those r bad i don't know if reds sells the check balls and more but if i remeber u can take the spring ball out of a normal 3/8 male to male check valve and use it good luck make sure when u reinstall the candle of the dump you don't catch the spring on one of the holes in the dump and stretch it out its a little tricky at times but fair easy once u get the hang of it

Last edited by BIGTONY at Dec 23 2003, 06:08 PM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took the pump apart and cleaned it out and added new fluid but it has the two ball bearings with the springs i forgot dus the spring go on top or the bottom. :dunno:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the springs in wrong iam going to put them sideways towards the pressure thanks bigtony. tri,city washigton homi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts