LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so at wallyworld they got an everstart maxx marine battery that has 875 marine cranking amps 205 reserve and 125 amp hours... these batteries are not for a hopper or anything.. im gonna have 10 batteries and 2 pumps.. How does marine cranking amps compare to CCA???? jus tryin to make sure i dont spend all this money on pointless batteries... any advice will be great Thanks ahead homies

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know how marine cranking amps compare to cold cranking amps??? Wats the difference if any????

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Go for the high cca's when you series 875 marine cranking amps together, Thats what you have 875 amps, not cold cranking,Nice battery.. 875 amps

I like dekas
If you want more amps than you have to parllell a bunch of cells then series them

like this use 2 per series and your amps will be at 1750 amps

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im jus tryin to find a place locally that i can get my batteries from... so far thats all i've found... barely started looking though... Where can i find deka's????????

·
Registered
503 Posts
if u was closer i could sell u some dekas lol....but u can go to napa they sell deka or orielys

·
Registered
695 Posts
I just bought 4 dekas from napa auto parts.

they are the 1110 ca / 925 cca versions.

and they absolutely blow away my old batterys wich were 650 cca deka marine masters that absolutely sucked ass - wouldnt hold a charge and wore out so fast. was chargen em every single night.

the new dekas from napa get charged twice a week and im good to go.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Originally posted by Colorado Lowrider@Feb 12 2010, 08:17 PM~16597704
yea im jus tryin to find a place locally that i can get my batteries from... so far thats all i've found... barely started looking though... Where can i find deka's????????
check this place out its in denver this is were i got mine :cool: http://hensleybattery.com/ hope this helps.....

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
i use the everstart marine batteries and they work great for me. i have 6 and it gets up quick.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell yea... Imma look into the dekas and see how much they cost or if our napa even has them...

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
They are OK batts.They didn't leak, so I liked them I used them in a few cars when I got them for distributor prices. Now, yopu can probably find a better batt for the price.

875 marine amps is like 650 CCAs

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
here's the difference explained.

"Starting batteries are usually rated at "CCA", or cold cranking amps, or "MCA", Marine cranking amps - the same as "CA". Any battery with the capacity shown in CA or MCA may or may not be a true deep-cycle battery. It is sometimes hard to tell, as the term deep cycle is often overused. CA and MCA ratings are at 32 degrees F, while CCA is at zero degree F. Unfortunately, the only positive way to tell with some batteries is to buy one and cut it open - not much of an option."

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Originally posted by Colorado Lowrider@Feb 13 2010, 12:51 AM~16599857
Thanks for the info... Jus curious which battery did you get from them...
They are Dekas part#1131mf ca 1110 cca 925 hope this helps..... :biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts