LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes in the morning on my way to school i start to take of off down the street but my car seems like it wont automatic shift and goes slow and its turned off on me a couple times and when i turn it back on and pump the gas and take off alot of black smoke comes out of the exhaust, any one know what might be the problem? im thinking the carbrator,not shure though

·
Registered
176 Posts
Black smoke is unburned fuel. Multitude of possibilities.
When was the last major tuneup?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know? i bought the car a couple months ago and its been sitting for almost 7 years and when i got it i put new oil,redid the timing cause it was off,and new gas and its now my daily

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
is it a v8?

try a tune-up first and change your fuel filter, then be ready to buy a new carb especially if its a quardrajet(spelling :uh: ) they go bad all the time if they sit

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 64_EC_STYLE@Oct 2 2007, 09:31 PM~8920262
is it a v8?

try a tune-up first and change your fuel filter, then be ready to buy a new carb especially if its a quardrajet(spelling :uh: ) they go bad all the time if they sit
its a v6, alright thanx for the info,i'll try this out and hopefully it works

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
yea tune up(plugs wires distributor cap n rotor button) and new tranny fluid/filter/gasket kit-try carb cleaner and run 93 gas in it fer a tank or two also try gas additive and also run the piss out of it fer a min so it blows the old shit out-after a week youll see big improvement and better gas mileage :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts