LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aside from adding more batts (i am running 4.. 48 to front, 36 to rear), so i cant add more batts... no room.. so any thoughts on adding more weight? prolly in the pockets of the quarter pannals.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just 4 batts in the middle 1 pump on the left corner and 2 on the right corner, 10" clydr up front 14" in the rear, power balls and chaind

·
over it
6,640 Posts
No room for more batteries? Have a big sound system or something? There should be a ton of room in that trunk. If you insist on adding weight make sure it's supported by the battery rack (which should be welded to the car frame). Do not put the weight on the body of the car, it will tear your trunk seams apart and colapse your body mounts and buckle quarter panels. Trust me I learned this the hard way on my first low low back in the day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the batt and pump rack is welded to the frame, but have a 15" sub thats being fiberglassd in there too, thats why i only have room for 4 batts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
On my first lowrider back in the day I had sand bags in the trunk shoved in the corners like 5, 50lb bags. It worked but got messy after a while. Try melting lead into your battery racks and frame, I've heard of hoppers doing it before for counterweight. It should work for what you want too. Probably get old wheel weights from tire stores free.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a good idea... but a sheit load of lead to add, i i am on a slight hill it will get up no prob so i think i would only need about 150-200 extra pounds

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by juicd88@Oct 19 2006, 08:11 PM~6403611
ya the batt and pump rack is welded to the frame, but have a 15" sub thats being fiberglassd in there too, thats why i only have room for 4 batts
Man how big is the enclosure going to be? I'm assuming its going under the rear deck between the rear cylinders? You should be able to do 8 across the back and turn your pumps side ways in front of them off to each corner as far as possible. This would help alot for getting the car to pivot better. With the batteries in the middle there not realy helping like they would if they were in the corners. Unless your sub just need a fucking huge box you should be able to get it to work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only extra room i can find is in the pockets on the quarters, the sub is where the spare tire "was" amps are btween the cylinders, niods are on the rack by the trunk latch, and pumps are almost all the way to each quarter...on the rack i only have room for the 4th pump (in time), other than that my only room is about 4" between the rack and sub..then up in the far corners by the back seat on either side on the cyliders.... lol

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
why not just add another pump. or some type of a dump manifold setup to make one pump lift like two. you said it is chained, how is it chained? are the chains going from the center position on the top out to the sides of the rearend. just chain it off at 10". it should stand no problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dump manifould setup??? what does that mean????....and its chaind top in the center and down by the pumpkin and it at 10"

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
81 olds delta 88, and i dont know how to post pics, but the rack is right across the trunk, with batts in the middle one pump on the left and two on the right

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Originally posted by juicd88@Oct 19 2006, 10:13 PM~6404462
81 olds delta 88, and i dont know how to post pics, but the rack is right across the trunk, with batts in the middle one pump on the left and two on the right
so you have two pumps to the back. you should be able to lift the car into three. or else pull the back wheel up into the wheel well for a dogleg.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i have individual rears... but it still wont get up that easy, i put the rear up 1 click then extend one rear then dump the other rear, but if i am on a flat serface it wont 3 wheel???(a little pressure on the trunk and it will go up or if i am on a hill) thats why i am thinking not enough weight... maybe i just need to go a link shorter on the chain??? but i wont get much of a lock-up, or my batts were a bit low i cant see that making a difference???? but they are on a charge right now.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Adding weight. :guns:

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Ask Shorty..

j/k

I added bricks .. the flat bricsk or bags of concrete.. or even tractor weights

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Originally posted by juicd88@Oct 19 2006, 10:31 PM~6404723
yeah i have individual rears... but it still wont get up that easy, i put the rear up 1 click then extend one rear then dump the other rear, but if i am on a flat serface it wont 3 wheel???(a little pressure on the trunk and it will go up or if i am on a hill) thats why i am thinking not enough weight... maybe i just need to go a link shorter on the chain??? but i wont get much of a lock-up, or my batts were a bit low i cant see that making a difference???? but they are on a charge right now.
it sounds like you need more power. it should just pop right up when you hit the back corner form the down position. try this, lock the front up, and lift one corner in the back. if it sounds like you pump is strugling you don't have enough power.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
yeah adding weight is adding stress no matter if its pumps or not, it needs to be secured. no more than 50 pounds should be on the sheet metal alone. man i wanna see your trunk. I bet it looks cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts