LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been involved in the lowrider community, like throwing car shows and building my girls cutty, raffle caddies etc recently. But seriously I haven't had my shit on the road in 3 years! And this shit is driving me nuts. Grantit I've had some financial whoes for the past year and a half, but damn I miss that feeling of cruising in something clean, hittin the swithces, and knowing your shit is tight. I had almost convinced myself that I was done w/ lowriding (to make myself feel better), but this past summer ......man I got that spark again. Ever since I've been working two jobs, making realestate deals, and stacking my loot, just to come back hard! It dawned on me how long its been when I was hanging out this past summer w/ fellow lowriders, and nobody knew I even had a car..LOL
Needless to say, my shit is in the paint shop now, getting the full body karate treatment, and I hope to be back on the streets before the snow hits the ground.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through a similar experience, and how its' affecting you

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Me, and I've been gone for about 3 years also. Its tough when you start a family and have to buy a home and basicly have to put your whole life to a stop to take care of more important things, but its worth it. I just bought a 87 LS and I'll be back within a year and it will be worth it :)

oh and i almost gave up on myself, but i have good friends that helped me pull through

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Sep 17 2005, 07:17 PM~3834568
i've been involved in the lowrider community, like throwing car shows and building my girls cutty, raffle caddies etc recently. But seriously I haven't had my shit on the road in 3 years! And this shit is driving me nuts. Grantit I've had some financial whoes for the past year and a half, but damn I miss that feeling of cruising in something clean, hittin the swithces, and knowing your shit is tight. I had almost convinced myself that I was done w/ lowriding (to make myself feel better), but this past summer ......man I got that spark again. Ever since I've been working two jobs, making realestate deals, and stacking my loot, just to come back hard! It dawned on me how long its been when I was hanging out this past summer w/ fellow lowriders, and nobody knew I even had a car..LOL
Needless to say, my shit is in the paint shop now, getting the full body karate treatment, and I hope to be back on the streets before the snow hits the ground.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through a similar experience, and how its' affecting you
yes and it's fucking klling me!!! and posts like this don't help me any.. :angry: :( :tears:

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lone star@Sep 17 2005, 08:32 PM~3834864
ive been working messed up hours and been working weekends for the past 10 months so ive been away from the weekend scene for a while...
oh thats the reason why your shit is still sittin w/ a broken carrier bearing :biggrin:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Sep 17 2005, 06:37 PM~3834878
oh thats the reason why your shit is still sittin w/ a broken carrier bearing :biggrin:
thats fixed now its a busted brake line and a busted shock.. if it aint one thing its another you know how that goes

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Yea I feel you on this I have been out the game for a while myself. about 6 years, its either been with the shops I have dealt with or most recently too much work and not been able to have the time to go out and buy parts or dealing with people or fixing up my house remodling or landscaping . Its killing me hopefully some time real soon I'll be out representing.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I really feel out of it, my cousin had my car for 6 months rebuilding my engine, I finally got it back today. My engine has been messed up for a year, I really have not gotten back into since the accident, but like you ryan the past two years have been a financial whoa, its gotten a little better but its no where near what I used to make. My philosphy is live life everyday. One thing I'm proud of is my new house, we really came up on the house we sold in Chicago, which allowed my wife and I to put a sizable down payment on a nice brand new house, and keep or mortgage reasonable. its funny how alot of people I know in lowriding our going through the same shit. I never thought that at age 35 I would be making less than I did when I was 30. But I am on a come up so the future is brighter, I'm gonna have to sell my car to make it happen, but hopefully the next project will be better. I'm gonna get my ride on the next month or so till my boy comes and picks my car up. But I will never be out of it.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I have been involved but there isn't nothing like building your own car and hopefully I will beable to do that soon. In the last 2 years I got married and had my first child so I have responsibility thet comes before a car. Eventually everyone is in my shoes, one day I will be ridin again. :biggrin:

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
I got married had a baby and have been working weekends for 12 months now, I sold my LS to get a caddy and I regret it but yeah the caddys is finnally on the road but it feals like I took a year off :uh: drives me crazy ever day to not be rolling in something lifted, but family does have to come first

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
I've been out of the game for like two years, going on three. I left the game and got married then this past April I bought my own house where as I was renting one for over a year. That has taken all of my money, to take care of my wife and me and all the bills. I'm only 21 and I'm trying to set up my life now so that when I reach like 30 it should be nothing but smooth sailing. I just got me a job at an insaine assylum which will open up new doors for me to start making good money so I can get back into the game, but right now I'm thinking of selling my Impala so I can set up more things for me to come back out bigger and better.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
I've been out the game for about 4 years now... :( :( :( I had a cutlass all done, then decided to change it around.....never got to it, then sold it. Traded a 2 dr. fleetwood for some 20's, got it going a little bit, then got married sold it to help pay for things. Now I got a glasshouse, I picked it up for a Grand, but the dam rear end went out on it... :( :( :( I miss cruising.

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Sep 17 2005, 05:39 PM~3834886
thats fixed now its a busted brake line and a busted shock.. if it aint one thing its another you know how that goes
Just working the bugs out bro. I had a upper A-arm work itself lose. I come to find out when the suspension got put together none it got torqued down. Went through it and haven't had a problem since. :cool:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Shit i been out for about 3 good years. I had a 89 fleetwood and some hoe ass motherfuckers stole it. I loved that fucking car i put alot of fucking working into it and all i need was paint. Now i got the 82 coupe i'm working on but after marriage two kids and house note shit money be gone. Now i got a lil hustle outside of work so i'm dedicating all that money to the coupe and yes it will be 90'd out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.