LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know if changing the valve seals on an olds small block, a 403 in particular, is similar to small block chevy's? with an umbrella seal and square-cut o ring?
any help here?
thanks
:biggrin:

·
Registered
313 Posts
i gotta 307 olds in mine... but uh it should be bout the the same...i could be wrong, my dad would know... :dunno:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Chris@Sep 21 2003, 09:10 PM
they are a plastic umbrella type......not too hard to change...
have you done these yourself on an olds small block? was there an o-ring on the valve itself? inside the retainer?

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
as far as i remember there is no o rings........you just push the valve seal over the stem and put it all back together....it was on an olds 260 that i did em on....same block and heads as a 350 just smaller bore

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Chris@Sep 21 2003, 09:36 PM
as far as i remember there is no o rings........you just push the valve seal over the stem and put it all back together....it was on an olds 260 that i did em on....same block and heads as a 350 just smaller bore
how difficult was it to reset the valve lash?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Chris@Sep 21 2003, 09:41 PM
never did.......the engine has been sitting in my garage ever since.......but setting valve lash is easy shit
whats the procedure? was it tighten the nut until the pushrod becomes harder to spin with your fingers then half a turn past that?

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64+Sep 22 2003, 03:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (schmidt64 @ Sep 22 2003, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Sep 21 2003, 09:41 PM
never did.......the engine has been sitting in my garage ever since.......but setting valve lash is easy shit
whats the procedure? was it tighten the nut until the pushrod becomes harder to spin with your fingers then half a turn past that?
:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
pretty much.....just make sure that both valves are closed when you do it for each cylinder..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts