LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a heavy downpour, some water usually makes its way in my trunk. I checked all the weathestripping around the trunk and they are like new. All that is left for me to check is the quarter vinyl top - I believe this is where the problem lies. If for some reason anybody has experienced the same problem w/ this same kind of car please let me know how did you solve it.
I have removed the carpet since then because of smell (humidity) but must say that the car looks nasty w/o it.
:(

·
Registered
989 Posts
i wouldnt see how the top has anything to do with the trunk...the only thing that would make sense would be the weather stripping but since you checked it i woudlnt know what to tell ya

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
it may LOOK new but it might be loose somewhere.. did u check that it was nice n firm all the way around?? i have an 80 caprice 4 door and i get water inside my doors because my stripping is shit... im gettin my interior redone so im waiting it out, plus it hardly ever rains in vegas n e wayz.... hope this helped... ALSO where does it get wet? near the rear window? ur window may be loose or cracked.. if water gets in it drips down from the rear deck into the trunk! again i hope it helps. peace- Hugo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts