LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the exact width of the trunk at it's biggest spot and how deep it is ack from there?

I need to know if I can fit 4 l7 12's in it lined up in one big seperate chambered box.

Please do me this favor is you own a crown victoria or grand marquis with the newer body styles like the 03's and even 99's or whatever.

And if possible please draw a picture of how all the measurements are.

Thanks =]

Please don't be a dick.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Originally posted by PlayWitIt@Nov 12 2007, 12:27 AM~9207699
Could someone tell me the exact width of the trunk at it's biggest spot and how deep it is ack from there?

I need to know if I can fit 4 l7 12's in it lined up in one big seperate chambered box.

Please do me this favor is you own a crown victoria or grand marquis with the newer body styles like the 03's and even 99's or whatever.

Thanks =]

Please don't be a dick.
hey me and the merc have almost the same car but i will talk to him this afternoon and see if he can help you out

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by PlayWitIt@Nov 12 2007, 01:27 AM~9207699

Thanks =]

Please don't be a dick.
are you porting the 12's or running them sealed? big difference trying to fit a box thats 14cubes compared to something around 9 cubes. (being that you said split chambers, i'm guessing your running a prefabbed sealed enclosure?)

and if your running them sealed, run just TWO of them vented and you'll be happy (plus you wont be blocking the return with a huge ass MDF coffin)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm lanning on having a box professionally built and I would like all four of them to be ported if possible.

I'll need around 3cu ft for each sub i beleive

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have a 99 grand marquis and I've done a lot of different things with my trunk... different ported boxes, false floors, amp racks, etc.

First, are you going to keep your spare tire?

And sorry, you're not going to fit 4 12" L7's ported in this trunk.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I won't be keeping my spare tire back there, all I want back there is my bang.

You're telling me there's no way I could get a professional to build a custom ported box even with the box being built on the back "shelf" part and be able to have it ported?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I seriously doubt it. Not only that, but it would defeat a lot of the purpose because you'd be blocking all the space for the bass to make it back to the cabin.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how about this

is this possible

keep the two on the outside sealed and run the two in the middle ported because i can have more air space for them since the trunk goes like this
__ __
|___|

get what i'm saying?

If I run them sealed will I still get HARD hitting bass, I like deep bass and like i said I wanna be heard, I don't listen to rock and I know it sounds good sealed, i listen to rap so I wanna hear the bang and have my whole car shakin

and thanks for all the help man

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want it being EXACTLY like this the way the box is and the subs are facing out.

Here is a pic of the trunk(no spare tire).

Could I run 4 10's ported?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
L7's of course

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I doubt you can fit 4 10" L7's optimally ported.

...if you did, the box would have to be shaped like a T. It's just, the 10" L7's need 2.25 cubes each, so 9 cubes total, then you have to account for the port displacement, which is going to be huge, you have to account for the sub displacement, and you have to account for decent bracing. After it's all said and done I don't think it's worth it. The box will be so big in that trunk that there will be no air flow... not to mention the fact that a box like that is going to cost a shitload if you have a shop build it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What would you go with? 4 12" L7's sealed, 4 10's ported, or 2 15's ported?

Will I still have LOUD & DEEP bass with 4 12's sealed?

Would it be louder and deeper then 1 ported?

Could I get into the 140dbs with 2 15's ported?

Now that I think of it would it be possible to fit 3 15's with the same box design as I want the twelves?

That would give each sub more room?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
You can't fit 2 15" L7's ported, and like I said, I doubt you can fit 4 10" L7's ported...

You can fit 2 12" L7's ported.
You can fit 4 12" L7's sealed.
You can fit 2 10" L7's ported.
You can fit 4 10" L7's sealed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on you gotta have faith in me mannnnn.. lol

How could I not fit 2 15's ported bro?

There's little hyundais out there rolling with them in prefab boxes that are made to specs.. and my trunk is about twice the size of them things

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by PlayWitIt@Nov 12 2007, 10:55 PM~9214326
Come on you gotta have faith in me mannnnn.. lol

How could I not fit 2 15's ported bro?

There's little hyundais out there rolling with them in prefab boxes that are made to specs.. and my trunk is about twice the size of them things
because that requires ~12cubes... i look for fitting 'optimum' enclosures when it comes to selecting woofers... some ppl throw whatever into whatever and hope it bangs... but they've probably never heard a proper set up before.

still dont get why you want l7's ;) j/p if done right, they're monsters

just lookin at it from a 3rd view... you dont want a huge ass coffin in the trunk blocking the return, and if you dont need to, dont run 4 of anything sealed when you can run 2 of it ported and save (get just as loud without spending money on 2 more woofers and twice the amt of power to power the two extra woofers)

how much you lookin to spend on woofers and how much you lookin to spend on an amp to power them? if your not hell bent on L7's you might want to look into a couple other woofers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I'm totally hellbent on L7's =].

After watching them for so long I just lost my taste for round subs anymore =]. Unless there W7's =].

So what should I do man?

Should I do 2 12's ported with a ZX750 running to each? Or should I go to the ZX1000's?

Kickers AMPs all say RMS wattage, I NEVER see anywhere it saying max, so I'm guessing that the ZX 750 would fit the L7 12 perfectly and bring out it's full potential or do they really not push that 750 RMS that I need?

Would the ZX1000's blow them bits if I have the volume all the way up? Or should I get the ZX1000's and turn the gain down to like 80%?

I just really loveeeeee the look of the four L7's lined up but I guess I can't get away with any of that being ported. boohoo =[

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so i'm guessing that pic up there with the four 12's has a box that's made completely wrong? =[

would it still bang and have them DEEP LOWS with that being ported with ports on the back of it with a box that small?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts