LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THEY ARE THE UNIVERSAL KIND THAT YOU WELD ON AN ONE OF THE DOORS POPS OUT. I WAS WONDERIN IF I GRINDED IT OFF COULD I JUST RE WELD A PIECE OF SHEET METAL BACK ON THERE THEN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN ???. BETTER YET COULD I CUT OUT THE PLACE WERE THE HINGES GO FROM A DONOR CAR AND REWELD THEM ONTO MY BODY SO I COULD MAKE THE DOORS STOCK AGAIN? I BOUGHT THE CAR LIKE THAT THINKING I COULD FIX IT I JUT NEED ADVISE AS HOW TO GO ABOUT IT

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
get some pics? i have installed and put back to stock lambo doors... i can help ya on that one....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

heres apic of wat im talking bout its only like this oin this one door by the fender i need to know how to take apart the hinges and put them back together so i can cut this hing off this door and re weld it on to another door this door is fucked

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 3 2009, 02:14 AM~12590599

heres apic of wat im talking bout its only like this oin this one door by the fender i need to know how to take apart the hinges and put them back together so i can cut this hing off this door and re weld it on to another door this door is fucked
get pics of the hinged area

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i bought another door of craigslist for 30 bucks and gonna have some one re weld it on the right wasy then im going to paint and get rid of this car so i can get a low low again idk wat i was thinkin wanting a coupe i shoulda kept my monte :tears:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
havent got a chance to get at the fender my girl just had our newborn :cheesy:. so ive been hella busy i found this door from a parts car, that im going to use instead. the other door is FUCKED UP like no other so im gonna cut the old door off, re weld the new door back on the hinge how do i do it ight the first tme and make sure its going to line up perfect ????????
also is there a way to take apart the hinges so i dont have to weld the door to the hinge while its still connected to the car

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Originally posted by 87blazer@Jan 7 2009, 06:02 PM~12636519
get rid of them
X2

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the door off was easy i just had to take off th fender then take off some bolts but man that fuckin hinge was a bitch to get off i didnt have a compressor to use my die cutter so i had to use a grinder it got the job done though i dont play that shit that bitch came OFF
NOW i need to know how to weld it on th nw door and line it up any help is appreciated
heres some pics of the hinge when it was still on the car

after i took the hinge off

with the help of YOUCANTFADEME thanks homie and some other guys on
another forum i found out how to do it right im gonna post these pics to help others in case they want to put lambo doors on there car
did you cut the hinge off the car?i hope not. you need a factory lower door hinge to line everything up correctly before you weld the kit back on. bolt it up , set your gaps, which is going to be a bitch with no upper hinge , but is doable. you need some 1/8'' plate to go up and down the mounting area of the hinge. plug weld it to the door area and grind your welds before putting hinge on it. this will prevent flex in the mounting area, keepng your doors lined up.

heres a pic i made using one of my install pics, if you need a better explaination , call me up.....

Stock hinges are welded to the door.

Now that I can see your pictures (looks cool by the way): You will have to cut/grind away the top hinge on door bracket to make way for the lambo hinge on your new door. The lower hinge can be bolted back to the body to make alignment a lot easier. Can't stress enough having an extra pair of hands pushing upper front corner of the door into the seals while you tack hinge goose neck to the door.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2234824/2
that link shows step by step instructions along with more info hope this helps some body i know it helped me now i just have to buy a welder i think ima get one off craigslist they come in handy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts