LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got coolant all over from changing a water pump so I took it to the car wash and degreased the engine....now it won't start...

its a 96' caprice with the LT1.

I guess I shouldn't have done that..I'm used to doing it to my 79' with no problems.

The only thing that I can think of is I messed up something electrical or maybe the optispark..

:(

·
Registered
367 Posts
IT'S GOTTA BE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM, CHECK YOUR FUSES. HOPEFULLY A FUSE BURNED OUT BEFORE SOMTHING ELSE DID. ;)

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Oct 2 2006, 09:44 PM~6291303
IT'S GOTTA BE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM, CHECK YOUR FUSES. HOPEFULLY A FUSE BURNED OUT BEFORE SOMTHING ELSE DID. ;)
no

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
u probably got ur alt or starter or dist too wet..when i worked at a detail shop we would always cover those with a plastic bag to keep water from getting on them too much

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, it was probally the optispark. or an electrical connection.

I sprayed wd-40 on it and waited about 5 min. It hesitated then started..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Oct 2 2006, 11:30 PM~6293052
u probably got ur alt or starter or dist too wet..when i worked at a detail shop we would always cover those with a plastic bag to keep water from getting on them too much
:cool:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by seriouscc@Oct 3 2006, 06:44 PM~6298490
:cool:
yep, wet distributor...... detailing cars will tell you that.. i always thought it was funny when my friends would say "how'd you powerwash your engine?... i tried it once and it wouldnt start after......"

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Oct 2 2006, 05:21 PM~6291161
I got coolant all over from changing a water pump so I took it to the car wash and degreased the engine....now it won't start...
its a 96' caprice with the LT1.

I guess I shouldn't have done that..I'm used to doing it to my 79' with no problems.
The only thing that I can think of is I messed up something electrical or maybe the optispark..
:(
If you have any aftermarket shit on your engine (anything that uses grommets) you might want to check your oil. They guy that painted my Fleetwood sprayed my engine with a pressure washer and got water in my motor and the oil turned to chocolate milk. :dunno:

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Oct 3 2006, 11:14 PM~6301420
Not good at all to get any liquid on the opti.  How's it running now?  C.E.L. on?

its running fine like normal. It was just that day...

na, check engine light isn't on..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts