LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone? I 3 wheel mine...lol....What could b done to reinforce....i know not much...since its a unibody...just wondering if anyones ever seen one hopping???

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Years ago, I spoke with Gilbert from USA Motorsports and was told that he had a 3rd gen dancing but it would get damaged. From what I remeber, he said the windshield and hatch broke.

I wouldn't try to hop too high myself on a 3rd gen because the strut mounts are what holds the a arms in place. I would think that you'd have to chain it somehow. Weld on subframe connectors would definitely help from what I hear.

Kandy Kamaro---can you do a standing 3?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I would like to know more on how you stand your 3? Thats what im work'n on right now :0 :angry: Here's my 3rd Gen.
They really hop pretty decent b/c of the lightweight structure. Before I go any higher Im add'n sfc's,reinforcing the axle, adjustable trailings,strut tower brace, and a wonder bar. I dont know what else to do besides fiberglass the fenderwheels...how do u stand 3 kandy kamaro? :uh: :cool: :biggrin: TITO

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hay Tito your car is tight...na I cant do a standing 3...just a rolling 3.....How high can u get up?...1 more question well a few...how many batts u got?? And what size cykinder u got on the back? Thanks...

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I've seen 2 or 3 that did a standing 3 wheel. You can reinforce a uni-body you just can't use material that is thick or you will burn through the factory uni-body. Make sub-frame connectors and weld them in. And reinforce the strut towers everywhere you can get to. You could get one to hop a couple feet it's just nobody want's to go through the trouble to do it.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Kandy~ That picture was tak'n at 36vlts. I currently have 48vlts w/ 0/4 cable! Im going to 60 and addn another pump for 3. Right now I have 12" coilover w/ powerballs and 8's up front. I actually didnt use the Mcphersons for the cylinders. I ran it straight up off the lower control arm and through the subframe. I reinforced the rails and it is much stronger this way IMO. I hit on average low 20's at 48vlts. Just chipp'n. I was told for 3 we dont need chains. I can dogleg easy but im still not sure for tres. I dont know what to weld the bridge to? I think it would just put more stress on the car...im still workn w/ it...what do you have? :) tito

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like that shit Tito..I wish Mine did that...I still got alot of work to do.....So far all i got is 2 pumps 10s in the back 8s up front 4 batts...ive never tried doglegging...ima have to now..lol....I didnt use the McPhersons either..i got em the same as u...as for the back...did u take of your shocks?...i have mine on and was wondering if I take em off will it go up higher in the back..to maybe add 12s??? Thanks Tito! Oh yeah what gear u runnin up front? Thankz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts