LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Autozone they sell a couple different types of bedliner that you apply with a special paint roller i guess??? Has anyone ever tried it??? I was thinking about using it in my trunk...

Also, does anyone know the prices for spraying bedliners in your area? I only tried one place here but they wanted like $250 to spray Rhinoliner in my trunk, and thats with no prep work, the trunk is sandblasted to bare metal, all they gotta do is spray.... fuck that.

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does it look? I mean, i know it looks rough and gritty.... but was it hard to get it to look uniform?

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by StrongIVLife+Jul 24 2005, 05:43 PM-->
I just applied the sprayon style in a customers car. don't like it, looks too rough like undercoat. very tough stuff tho. this guy wanted it but i wouldn't recommend it in a regular car, ok for a hopper or if you're going to carpet over.
[snapback]3470369[/snapback]​
[/b]
Well this stuff is applied with a roller, but looked just like the kind applied with a gun.... kinda gritty looking, like paint with sand in it. I was just wondering how it comes out in the end when being applied with a roller.... thats the part that scares me.

<!--QuoteBegin-skandalouz
@Jul 24 2005, 06:05 PM
ya its kinda hard to get it to look nice.  I have sprayed a couple,  I ended up reducing it and mixing it with a drill and one of those paint mixers until it smoothed out better.  As for undercoat,  spend the glue and get the 3M clear stuff,  it goes on real nice and you can lay it down pretty good for undercoating.  Its just expensive and well,  undercoating :uh:
[snapback]3470456[/snapback]​
Its for my 64 hardtop, its a street car, but still has to be nice to match the rest of the car ya know.... I dont really care for the stock looking "trunk spatter paint" so i was looking at my options. "Box" had a black 64 hardtop a few years back that he did some kind of bedliner or similar coating in the trunk and then cleared over it really heavy, and it looked bad ass.... was wanting to do something like that, any suggestions?

Heres the car....

Attachments

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by ice64berg@Jul 25 2005, 01:03 AM
my bad heres a link ...
[snapback]3472628[/snapback]​
???

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by japSW20@Jul 25 2005, 11:22 AM
I used the stuff at autozone for my jeep,It worked great with the roller,Just make sure to buy 2 of the rollers.the texture was even and it dried up rock hard,I was going to put some in the trunk of my 63 but never got around to it,BTW I used the duplicolor one :cool:
[snapback]3473721[/snapback]​
Got a pic?????? :cheesy:

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by japSW20@Jul 25 2005, 10:03 PM
ahh wish i had pics,the finish was glossy black and rough but not too rough,when it was wet you wouldnt slip on it and it was chemical resistanthe roller is what gives it the texture,when applying it and the roller kinda wears out youll notice it would leave a nasty looking finish.when that happens just switch over to a new roller :cool:
[snapback]3478393[/snapback]​
So the roller gives it the texture, hmmmm. So was there actual grit in the paint or was it like regular paint and the roller creates the gritty look??? Do you think it would lay down smoother if i used a regular paint roller instead of that funky one they sell? You think it would lay down something like the pic Switchcraft posted up? I could live with something like that, some texture and bumpiness, but not sandy feeling, like it would cut your ass if you sat on it! lol

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Jul 26 2005, 06:40 AM
z o l a t o n e mother fucker dont you understand??????????????
[snapback]3480709[/snapback]​
Where the fuck do i buy it bitch???????????? And can i do it myself bitch????????????? Youre Rick James BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

· Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Cool, thanks for the link.... ill probably go with the Duplicolor since you said its not gritty. They had 2 or 3 different brands there and one had a sample and it was really gritty, like sand paper. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.