LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by StrongIVLife@Jul 24 2005, 03:43 PM
I just applied the sprayon style in a customers car. don't like it, looks too rough like undercoat. very tough stuff tho. this guy wanted it but i wouldn't recommend it in a regular car, ok for a hopper or if you're going to carpet over.
[snapback]3470369[/snapback]​

ya its kinda hard to get it to look nice. I have sprayed a couple, I ended up reducing it and mixing it with a drill and one of those paint mixers until it smoothed out better. As for undercoat, spend the glue and get the 3M clear stuff, it goes on real nice and you can lay it down pretty good for undercoating. Its just expensive and well, undercoating :uh:

· Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 24 2005, 05:05 PM
Well this stuff is applied with a roller, but looked just like the kind applied with a gun.... kinda gritty looking, like paint with sand in it. I was just wondering how it comes out in the end when being applied with a roller.... thats the part that scares me.
Its for my 64 hardtop, its a street car, but still has to be nice to match the rest of the car ya know.... I dont really care for the stock looking "trunk spatter paint" so i was looking at my options. "Box" had a black 64 hardtop a few years back that he did some kind of bedliner or similar coating in the trunk and then cleared over it really heavy, and it looked bad ass.... was wanting to do something like that, any suggestions?

Heres the car....
[snapback]3470677[/snapback]​

You could go and buy a gallon of Zolotone, and a Shutz gun, then clear over it. The majority of these liners are epoxy based so clearing over them should not be a problem at all. They actually have sand or plastic media in them to provide the anti-slip, that is why thay are so rough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.