LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,503 Posts
I used the stuff at autozone for my jeep,It worked great with the roller,Just make sure to buy 2 of the rollers.the texture was even and it dried up rock hard,I was going to put some in the trunk of my 63 but never got around to it,BTW I used the duplicolor one :cool:

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 25 2005, 07:40 PM
Got a pic??????  :cheesy:
[snapback]3478216[/snapback]​
ahh wish i had pics,the finish was glossy black and rough but not too rough,when it was wet you wouldnt slip on it and it was chemical resistanthe roller is what gives it the texture,when applying it and the roller kinda wears out youll notice it would leave a nasty looking finish.when that happens just switch over to a new roller :cool:

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 26 2005, 02:41 AM
So the roller gives it the texture, hmmmm. So was there actual grit in the paint or was it like regular paint and the roller creates the gritty look??? Do you think it would lay down smoother if i used a regular paint roller instead of that funky one they sell? You think it would lay down something like the pic Switchcraft posted up? I could live with something like that, some texture and bumpiness, but not sandy feeling, like it would cut your ass if you sat on it! lol
[snapback]3480540[/snapback]​
with the roller it brings it looks like the picture switchcraft posted,The paint is not gritty its just real thick,yes the roller is what gives it the texture.if you use a regular roller it would just be like regular smooth paint :dunno:

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 26 2005, 03:21 PM
Cool, thanks for the link.... ill probably go with the Duplicolor since you said its not gritty. They had 2 or 3 different brands there and one had a sample and it was really gritty, like sand paper. Thanks for the help.
[snapback]3484443[/snapback]​
:thumbsup: let me know how it goes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.