LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pescos and Rays
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the mechanic i talked to said they arent trustable but i just wanted to get a better more reliable opinion than some one thats try'en to get cash off of me. who has them? who recomends them? who says that they just straight out suck? really really need your advise fellas, having trouble finding a trust worthy engine builder so im looking at other options. please let me know..... thanx in advance, Rick

·
Registered
393 Posts
The goodwrench crate motors are good. They're new all factory engines, just what you get from your chevy dealer, and they're not cheep. You want a good stock engine and you have the dollars, you should get one.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by westler91@Aug 19 2005, 11:30 AM~3656751
I find that the motors you see at your local Kragen/Checkers/Autozone are pieces of shit......

Spend a little extra and order a crate or rebuild your own
Yea, those types are assembled in Mexico with no attention to tolerances.

A GM Goodwrench is a good engine.... you can get a long block for like $1200-$1300, its all new parts and comes with a warranty.... 3 years or 30k miles. The mechanic who told you they were no good probably wants to sell you something else or do a rebuild which is more profit for him.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by westler91+Aug 19 2005, 11:30 AM~3656751-->
I find that the motors you see at your local Kragen/Checkers/Autozone are pieces of shit......

Spend a little extra and order a crate or rebuild your own
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-JasonJ
@Aug 19 2005, 10:24 PM~3660103
Yea, those types are assembled in Mexico with no attention to tolerances.

A GM Goodwrench is a good engine.... you can get a long block for like $1200-$1300, its all new parts and comes with a warranty.... 3 years or 30k miles. The mechanic who told you they were no good probably wants to sell you something else or do a rebuild which is more profit for him.
thanks alot for posting that...

im getting into rebuilding and shit, and i was at advance auto (like autozone..) and the salesguy told me that the rebuild kits arent worth it, and that id be way better off just buying a rebuilt engine (from them :twak: )

he told me that as "cheap"(inexpensive) as rebuilt engines are, it isnt worth it to rebuild one.....

:twak: :twak: :twak:

when i was leaving, i told him that id be back in a few weeks to order two rebuild kits... :thumbsup: ;)

·
Pescos and Rays
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gm good wrench good .... mexican good wrench bad...... gotcha :thumbsup: good looking out homies you probably saved me ALOT of time and money.any other advise is always welcome!!!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by fidy2chevy@Aug 24 2005, 05:20 PM~3685463
gm good wrench good .... mexican good wrench bad...... gotcha  :thumbsup:    good looking out homies you probably saved me ALOT of time and money.any other advise is always welcome!!!
not quite what he meant, the cheap crate motors from your local discount auto parts store are made in mexico

·
Registered
7,083 Posts

I got a 2004 350, 4 bolted Small Block crate engine, 5.7L, 260HP @ 4300 RPM.
Those are good quality engines. GM original... Jason J is right about those other lower quality engines, I hear bad stuff about them, spend a little more $ and get one of the good ones. They're still prettty low priced.

·
Pescos and Rays
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by schmidt64@Aug 24 2005, 11:27 PM~3687591
not quite what he meant, the cheap crate motors from your local discount auto parts store are made in mexico
so this means if i but a goodwrench motor from a gm dealer it should be fin correct???

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by fidy2chevy@Aug 26 2005, 11:29 AM~3696352
so this means if i but a goodwrench motor from a gm dealer it should be fin correct???
i dont think the autozones/advance auto sell goodwrench engines...

any goodwrench engine, not an autozone engine...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.