LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
well ill try in look into for u i am not sure on that one but i do know some old school people around bakersfield, that may know and one has abunch of plaques of club cars he has done in the past

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Originally posted by Long Roof@Oct 20 2007, 08:10 PM~9048102
Well I was told that the original chapter of New Friends Car Club started in Bakersfield in the mid 70s...  I wanted to know if anyone knows if thats right or knows any of the old members.

im wanna say that is true. heres some history for you that ive been told by family and family friends, that were FRIENDS C.C. members.

before NEW FRIENDS started there was a club that my uncle and his friends started called FRIENDS from reedley cali. they were in the original LO-LYSTICS C.C. from visalia cali which no longer exist but does in the sacramento area, but for whatever reason they formed there own club which was FRIENDS. from what the president of FRIENDS told me and other members. guys from another town wanted to branch out and make a chapter of FRIENDS, but the OG FRIENDS didnt want to. so these guys formed NEW FRIENDS. im almost positive its bakersfield but for some reason tulare comes to minds as well.

why dont you get ahold of MIKE from new friends he knows some info on NEW FRIENDS as well. this is just what i was told from the members and founders of FRIENDS. :cool:

IF YOU WANT MIKES NUMBER PM ME AND ILL GIVE IT TO YOU. IM SURE HE WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS SHARING HISTORY WITH A FELLOW CLUB MEMBER :cool:

·
I'm still around.
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by SUPREME69@Oct 20 2007, 10:01 PM~9048628
im wanna say that is true. heres some history for you that ive been told by family and family friends, that were FRIENDS C.C. members.

before NEW FRIENDS started there was a club that my uncle and his friends started called FRIENDS from reedley cali. they were in the original LO-LYSTICS C.C. from visalia cali which no longer exist but does in the sacramento area, but for whatever reason they formed there own club which was FRIENDS. from what the president of FRIENDS told me and other members. guys from another town wanted to branch out and make a chapter of FRIENDS, but the OG FRIENDS didnt want to. so these guys formed NEW FRIENDS. im almost positive its bakersfield but for some reason tulare comes to minds as well.

why dont you get ahold of MIKE from new friends he knows some info on NEW FRIENDS as well. this is just what i was told from the members and founders of FRIENDS. :cool:

IF YOU WANT MIKES NUMBER PM ME AND ILL GIVE IT TO YOU. IM SURE HE WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS SHARING HISTORY WITH A FELLOW CLUB MEMBER :cool:

I've talked to Mike about it a little bit but he doesn't have alot of info... He's the one that told me it started in Bakersfield in the 70s... Thanks alot though man.

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Originally posted by Long Roof@Oct 20 2007, 10:31 PM~9048766
I've talked to Mike about it a little bit but he doesn't have alot of info...  He's the one that told me it started in Bakersfield in the 70s...  Thanks alot though man.

IM PRETTY SURE ITS BAKERSFIELD BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE TULARE COMES TO MIND. I CAN ASK MY UNCLE HE WOULD KNOW.

·
I'm still around.
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by SUPREME69@Oct 20 2007, 10:33 PM~9048776
IM PRETTY SURE ITS BAKERSFIELD BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE TULARE COMES TO MIND. I CAN ASK MY UNCLE HE WOULD KNOW.
That would be great... Somewhere along the way our past kinda got lost. The Tri-Cities, WA chapter started in 1997 and I joined in 2001, I'm just tryin to figure out our roots.

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Originally posted by Long Roof@Oct 20 2007, 10:45 PM~9048831
That would be great...  Somewhere along the way our past kinda got lost.  The Tri-Cities, WA chapter started in 1997 and I joined in 2001,  I'm just tryin to figure out our roots.

I HEAR YOU. I DONT KNOW IF YOU ALREADY KNEW WHAT I SAID BEFORE BUT I TOLD MIKE THE SAME THING AND HE KNEW THAT NEW FRIENDS BRANCHED OFF OF FRIENDS C.C. SMALL WORLD KINDA THING :cool:

·
I'm still around.
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by SUPREME69@Oct 20 2007, 10:47 PM~9048842
I HEAR YOU. I DONT KNOW IF YOU ALREADY KNEW WHAT I SAID BEFORE BUT I TOLD MIKE THE SAME THING AND HE KNEW THAT NEW FRIENDS BRANCHED OFF OF FRIENDS C.C. SMALL WORLD KINDA THING :cool:
Well I was talkin to him on MySpace but he said he's been busy... so he made it short... But he didn't say anything about Friends Car Club.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts