LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only way we can get it is to buy orginal seat covers from ford and cut them up to make our seats but im wanting to do alot of extra peices which is gonna run me about 2 stacks for just material. i tried matching it up but nothin comes close

any help will be appciated :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
:dunno: :dunno: wat does it look like

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Originally posted by FatBoYz85@Dec 15 2008, 10:48 AM~12434293
Badass leather like a brownish color.
Google it
:0 looks good

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
this is the only kind of king roach material i can find, you can get it on ebay look up roach print or roach fabric

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

go to a ford dealership and have them order you the material, by the yard. theyll have it but its VERY pricey. they can order it cause the dealership doesnt change out seats when they rip, they reupholster it under a private company

·
Registered
237 Posts
Try someone that makes saddles for horses, those ******* outposts stores should know someone. Or buy a bunch of baseball gloves! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
go to a upholstery shop then, tell them what you want. they have more resources for fabric. if anything theyll have something that comes close. but honestly, king ranch interior is leather, youre going to spend some money but will be worth it when its done

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by impalaray@Dec 18 2008, 06:50 PM~12467893
go to a upholstery shop then, tell them what you want. they have more resources for fabric. if anything theyll have something that comes close. but honestly, king ranch interior is leather, youre going to spend some money but will be worth it when its done
thats the thing I share a building with a upholstery shop, and im friends with the other upholstery shop , the other shop did some king ranch seats in a bubble chevy and he had to get the material from ford

i dont mind payin for the material but i know the actual cost of leather an its no where near what they are tryin to get @ ford , about triple the price through them

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
look up sms fabrics or hamptoncoach fabrics. theyll send you samples too. or go to a auto fabric shop and tell them you want leather that matches king ranch, theyll have it

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
King ranch leather is supposed to mimic saddle leather, I would check with someone who makes saddles, or a leather shop.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by chaddyb@Dec 19 2008, 08:19 PM~12478439
King ranch leather is supposed to mimic saddle leather, I would check with someone who makes saddles, or a leather shop.
good call, an i live in the horse capital of the world so theres a bunch of sattle places around here :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts