LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
don't you think for 72k, you can build something yourself? I'd rather build up a project then just buying it. BUT if I won the lotto and just collected cars I'd snag it up.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo@Nov 6 2003, 03:09 PM
don't you think for 72k, you can build something yourself? I'd rather build up a project then just buying it. BUT if I won the lotto and just collected cars I'd snag it up.
Yeah true but I figure with as long as it takes me to build a model I would never finish a full scale project :biggrin: :biggrin:
Its nice to dream though

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Nov 6 2003, 03:26 PM
Yeah true but I figure with as long as it takes me to build a model I would never finish a full scale project :biggrin: :biggrin:
Its nice to dream though
....if you had that kinda money to just throw into a car without thinking twice about it... you'd have ALLLLLLLL the time in the world to fix it up. tell me if you won the lotto got $15million would you keep on working? I know I wouldn't.. I'd be building cars, models, bikes all day long. I'd quit my job the second they handed me my first lotto check!! hehe..

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I remember when that ride showed up to a local show out here in Cali. It had a mob of people around it. Sweet looking ride. I have the magazine where they show the whole project being done, from the moment he bought it until it was finished.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
for 72k i can build 3 of those cars with better engines honestl and it would look better too 1 hour paint job i leave all the chrome make it look all o.g. with bad ass winter nationals motor 6 speed tranny

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by joebomber52@Nov 6 2003, 04:02 PM
for 72k i can build 3 of those cars with better engines honestl and it would look better too 1 hour paint job i leave all the chrome make it look all o.g. with bad ass winter nationals motor 6 speed tranny
whatever, you guys and your fucking egos on here. I know a bit about cars and an engine like that woul run around $20K so if you can do three and have enough left over to finish 3 cars you must know magic, Troy Trepanier is one of the premier rod builders in the country. If you can ou do him and for less money how come I don't see your work in the mags and how come your name means nothing to me??????

Last edited by dag65 at Nov 6 2003, 04:17 PM

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Rat Rodder@Nov 6 2003, 04:20 PM
i donno why this post is in this board?
because its a car and a possible subject for a model wtf do you think????????????

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 6 2003, 04:24 PM
i aint even gonna look at it.

for that kind of money you could go buy an Escalade and still have enough left over to build a nice hotrod. :ugh:
Uhh If you had the desire to drive an Escalade, every asshole and his dog drives an SUV here and I really can't stand em anymore

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Rat Rodder@Nov 6 2003, 04:27 PM
the car is nice, but for that money, he has to be kinddin me.. the paint is outta date, same goes for the engine and interior...... the wheels look shitty too... Back in 1990 it was a beauti,, but if i saw it in real life now, i wouldnt glance at it for more than a minute ..
Well when ou can even build a model that looks half as good let us know :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Dag, dont get mad or anything man but.... have you not been sleeping lately or something? strees at work or anything?
just curious man.

and i used the escalade as a refferance since they are 60k brand new base price and that would still give you enough to build a nice ass car for what he wants for that thing

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 6 2003, 04:30 PM
Dag, dont get mad or anything man but.... have you not been sleeping lately or something? strees at work or anything?
just curious man.

and i used the escalade as a refferance since they are 60k brand new base price and that would still give you enough to build a nice ass car for what he wants for that thing
I am not mad or anything I just get tired of seeing everyone puff up their chest and say that they can do it better blah blah blah
Alot of fucking hot air if you ask me
Nothing personal or anything

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Nov 6 2003, 04:36 PM
Wasn't that car one of the first to bring the ProStreet look out along with the "Dare to be Different" look?

K. Diaz
Yes it was and its a piece of Hot Rod History, thanks for recognizing that

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 6 2003, 04:28 PM
ok ok, i looked at it..... i'm seeing 23k max!
that's what i am thinking maby he had others do his work for him and why doea our name mean nothing to you and you know his name hmmm get of his nutz problem solved the engine says 350 i see 4 carb set up aint shit it's nice could be better looks like a show rod any pics or vids of it in action and why don't you see my stuff in mags same reasone i don't go to shows it aint my style and as far as an ego i'm just stating the truth i can do 3 cars for that price

1 - 20 of 58 Posts