LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to take my engine out just wondering if anyone has the process in their project ride topic or a topic by itself that shows how to do it, or an outside source ofany kind.

btw my car is a 1979 buick regal V6 3.8l

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
IS YOUR REGAL TORE DOWN ALREADY OR IS IT STILL ALL TOGOTHER AS IN TO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR FENDERS AND FROT CLIP ON IT???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah fenders are still on...dont know what the frontclip is. but all i have taken off so far is the ac/heater, radiator, air cleaner....

thats been taken out. completely so theres just a hole

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
LITERALLY TO BREAK IT DOWN TO YOU...IT'S JUST A MATTER OF LOOKING THROUGHOUT THE ENGINE AND DISCONNECTING ANY WIRING.....VACUUM LINES AND EXHAUST.....

MY BEST BET WOULD BE TO JUST LOOK AT YOUR ENGINE AND DOCUMENT HOW EVERYTHING LOOKS BEFORE YOU TAKE IT OFF PICS IS THE BEST WAY....THEN BEGIN TO DISCONNECT EVERYTHING FROM THE MOTOR....

FRONT CLIP OR DOGHOUSE...IS JUST YOUR FRONT FENDERS WITH THE GRILL LIGHTS AND ALL THAT....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive already disconected like 2 hoses that accidentally fell off.... but i ordered a repair manual so hopefully it will say in there where they need to be reconnected....

ive also takn off the header pipe i think it is that was under the oil pan.

once i have the manual ill probably start taking off more stuff and go rent a cherry picker..

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Oct 7 2007, 07:49 PM~8949309
ive already disconected like 2 hoses that accidentally fell off.... but i ordered a repair manual so hopefully it will say in there where they need to be reconnected....

ive also takn off the header pipe i think it is that was under the oil pan.

once i have the manual ill probably start taking off more stuff and go rent a cherry picker..
ALL THAT'S COOL...BUT AIN'T NOTHING LIKE TAKING YOUR OWN PICS OF AS MUCH AS YOU CAN....IT MAKES THINGS MUCH EASIER WHEN IT'S TIME TO PUT THINGS BACK TOGETHER....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah ive already started...just a little too late like i forgot about some hoses and stuff where they go but im sure ill be able to figure it out when i get the manual. thanks for the help man

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
ANYTIME... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
theres all kinds of topics on this very subject if you search thru the maintenance and repair section posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Oct 7 2007, 05:47 PM~8948635
yeah fenders are still on...dont know what the frontclip is. but all i have taken off so far is the ac/heater, radiator, air cleaner....

thats been taken out. completely so theres just a hole
You should not being doing something this involved. Get professional help to do it...

·
Registered
782 Posts
its not hard man. if youre mechanically inclined you can pull an engine no problem in one of those cars. i had never even changed a waterpump when i first pulled my engine out. took all day, but now i can do it in 2-3 hours

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just got to practice and learn...kinda what the point of this car is. so when i get another to do work on it i will have already learned

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Oct 8 2007, 02:45 PM~8953922
just got to practice and learn...kinda what the point of this car is. so when i get another to do work on it i will have already learned

SAME THING I DID WITH MINE...I ASKED ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS HOMIE...BUT WHAT I LEARNED WAS THE BEST THING TO DO IS JUST FUCK IT GET RIGHT INTO IT..WHEN YOU GET STUCK ASK MORE QUESTIONS....THAT'S HOW I'M LEARNING...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by 79regal@Oct 8 2007, 03:18 PM~8954441

SAME THING I DID WITH MINE...I ASKED ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS HOMIE...BUT WHAT I LEARNED WAS THE BEST THING TO DO IS JUST FUCK IT GET RIGHT INTO IT..WHEN YOU GET STUCK ASK MORE QUESTIONS....THAT'S HOW I'M LEARNING...

ya man...i think its the best way. thanks for the motivation

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
TRUST ME BRO...AT FIRST YOUR LIKE :confused:

BUT THEM ONCE I STARTED TO JUST DO IT AND TAKE HELLA PICS...I FEEL LIKE I CAN DO IT AGAIN....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol alright gotcha man....just got my haynes manual so things will be getting major underway this week...ill post pics in the other topic i started.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the problem wit takin pix is its not always right in the beginning so he would be makin the same mistakes.... i would remember how it goes from the beginning but also use a manual.... these cars are pretty simple... go for it!

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
Originally posted by northwestG@Oct 9 2007, 10:52 AM~8960137
the problem wit takin pix is its not always right in the beginning so he would be makin the same mistakes....  i would remember how it goes from the beginning but also use a manual.... these cars are pretty simple... go for it!
YEAH I HAVE THE ORIGINAL SERVICE MANUALS AND PICS....THAT'S Y I NEVER TOLD HIM NOT TO USE BOOKS... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts