LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer who wants a decent air ride kit for his acura legend

I normally make everything myself... but for an acura might just by a kit for him...

Anyone have an acura with a good kit on it?

What kind of kits?

Thanks for the help..trying to save time and maximize profit and his enjoyability of the ride

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't know but I would imagine same struts as like a honda accord that same year maybe?

·
Registered
225 Posts
i had good results with Blitzluft air cans and 1/2" electric valves. 4" cans in front, 3" cans in back, something like 8-10" stroke. faster than bags at same PSI and much more fun.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by QBKS@Dec 6 2008, 03:46 PM~12354316
I don't know but I would imagine same struts as like a honda accord that same year maybe?

Same strut type setup...heavy car though... I can get it done left to my own
.. just looking for other ideas and experiences

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would never do cans on a car unless the customer wants only cyls., but unfortunately the airlift struts haven't been very reliable for me either. The sleeve style bags don't work out that we'll for heavy cars. The sleeves will require a lot of pressure to lift and eventually work the crimps off the ends. If you feel the car is as light as an integra or civic or the customer will drive low your fine. The last accord I did was HEAVY and went through struts.
Phatz? Squeaky?
what do you think.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I LOVE LEGENDS! A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE MINE WAS SUPPOSED TO GET JUICED, THEY BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND STOLE THE KEYS TO THAT AND MY TRUCK. (sorry for yelling. I don;t wanna retype it all)

JUICE IT!!!!!

THIS ONE IS ON A AIR KIT FROM CCE I BELIEVE, BUT THE DUDE SAID IT RIDES LIKE POOP AND IS GOING TO JUICE.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Originally posted by Simplicity+Dec 8 2008, 12:35 PM~12368754-->
not a popular car, around here.  Cylinders is the only option I know of, I wouldnt want to go that route though.
[/b]
So you wouldnt go Airlift ether Kevin?

<!--QuoteBegin-clairfbeeIII
@Dec 9 2008, 08:38 AM~12377644
What type of air accumulator are you guys using?
Even with accumulators, it will still ride like ass with Cylinders. Just use a small air bag with the ends fixed in some sort of cage, or a small 1 gallon air tank.
You ever heard of Canovers? They are some wacky japanese cylinder that uses an internal valving to give performanc and a better ride. Made to function like a self adjusting shock. In theory they are quite nice, but I can't give any first hand experience with them. I have only seen them used on TL's. I think they are pricey.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Dec 9 2008, 01:13 PM~12378511
So you wouldnt go Airlift ether Kevin?   
Even with accumulators, it will still ride like ass with Cylinders.  Just use a small air bag with the ends fixed in some sort of cage, or a small 1 gallon air tank.
You ever heard of Canovers?  They are some wacky japanese cylinder that uses an internal valving to give performanc and a better ride. Made to function like a self adjusting shock.  In theory they are quite nice, but I can't give any first hand experience with them.  I have only seen them used on TL's.  I think they are pricey.
Sure, I keep going back, unlike you I havnt had problems in a while.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
from what I remember .. double convulated front sleeve stye rear .. going on 2 years .. just compressor problems ... camber kit needed in rear .. wheels size and offset is critical :cool: :biggrin: ;)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Squeaky .... You guys interested in coming to a show in albany this summer?
Looking to get a few shops and clubs involved in a large in the city streets show..
Its called Judgement Day

Let me know...

Anyone else interested get at me too...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by clairfbeeIII@Dec 11 2008, 11:13 AM~12398726
Its not that far.. Takes about 2 hours twenty minutes to the city.... how far out on the island are you ?
about a hour from the city ... :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3 hours isn't bad for a kick ass car show..

Come rep ...

Did you have the white mazda pickup on cadi wheels?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts