·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
I have one of the first 20 ever produced on Sonny Madrids living room floor.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
yeah it came out for free last year in one issue. Why u ask homie? U interested in getting one?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i am tryin 2 get one of the orignals,not the reprint,how would a person b able 2 tell the diff between the 2

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by low1+Aug 31 2005, 04:11 AM~3725010-->
:0  Wanna sell?
[/b]
Well, i got it from Sonny Madrid himself. He told me that the first issues were assembled by hand with help from friends and family on his living room floor. He put the first 20 copies in a box and kept them. There was originally 500 copies made which quickly sold out, so he made an additional 600, making a total of 1100 copies of LRM #1.... including the first 20 that he kept for himself. The copy i purchased from him came directly from the box of the original 20. He wrote me a nice letter on some of his stationary that states all of this information and signed it. I spoke to him on the phone several times and paid quite a bit to get it from him a few years ago..... because i collect lowrider type magazines and similar stuff... and this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a special piece of lowriding history..... so no, im not too interested in selling it. :happysad:

<!--QuoteBegin-oldsrider87
@Aug 30 2005, 11:51 PM~3723996
well, i am tryin 2 get one of the orignals,not the reprint,how would a person b able 2 tell the diff  between the 2
A quick obvious way to tell the original 1977 issue from the reprint that came out a few years ago is that the centerfold drawing of the bomb in the original is in color (red) and the reprint is all black and white. ;)

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Aug 31 2005, 03:27 AM~3725144
A quick obvious way to tell the original 1977 issue from the reprint that came out a few years ago is that the centerfold drawing of the bomb in the original is in color (red) and the reprint is all black and white.  ;)
that's very very good to know, I was wondering that too.

this is the issue the reprint came, December 2002

check out my auctions, selling a bunch of old mags! 90s 80s 70s

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpoppadiazQQhtZ-1

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Notorious76@Aug 31 2005, 08:03 AM~3725367
welcome to the last decade.
i dont know what u mean by that ,but there is a big topic i started on wheels &tires,vegas hopper tried tellin me that bs,i called DAYTON and got the truth ,they dont,i just thought it be somthin for me to put in my sign.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts