LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
well right now i have a 15" brahma, i blew it so it is getitng reconed by aidre. at least i hope so.. i sent them the sub and no matter how many time i email them or call they wonr answer me back and its been close to 2 months,,, so im hopping adire isnt ripping me off. in the mean time, i can get a 15" kicker L7 and then if i ever get my brahma back ill sell one of them. my Question is, will the L7 out perform the brahma spl wise,,,and will a 15" l7 get deep like my brahma did? even though i dont realy care too much about SQ does the L7 have even a litte bit?

thanks
Jo

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
hwo did you blow your brahma

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
you know, i'm going to stand by and watch the answers to this question, cause i've been wondering the same thing.

one car show i went to about 2 months ago, this tahoe had two kicker l7 (15")s in the back, and he had only one of them playing, and i could hear the bass from that thing at the other side of the stadium, it was incredible... but i've heard brahma's are pretty good SPL AND SQ wise... my XXXs i'd take any day for plain out SPL, cause i like the pressure more than the actual SQ, but this is an interesting question

G

·
0 Posts
techically, the brahma has less distortion, but if someone enjoys the L7 more, then thats fine :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had it in a sealed box, playing a 43ht sine wave at only 105 db
(i was getting resonating frequency of my monte..)
played the 42htz wave for about 3 seconds, changed to the 43hts, and about 1 second later, poof, sub caught on fire.
adire doesnt cover melted voice coils, even though its oviously a manufacturers defect so sent it in along with $90 for the recone and $40 for return shiping.....this was 2 months ago, i sent it fed-ex and when i search the teacking number it says it was delivered 6 weeks ago,,,they havent gotten a hold of me, and havent answered any of my emails.... :angry:

Last edited by uNtAuChAbLe at Sep 4 2003, 06:11 PM

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
fed ex is pooey. shoulda sent it ups :) can you tell who signed for it? You can speak with them directly. Adire is a small company, they shouldnt be too difficult to track down.

Last edited by Foompla at Sep 4 2003, 10:20 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts