·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i got an 86 regal and i just got a chrome alternator for it
the thing is i was told it is a one wire hookup
my factory one had 3 wires and a plug on it
what one do i hook up and what is gonna be affected by not hooking the other 3 ?
any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Aug 5 2003, 12:15 AM
so i don't use the little plug either?
please guys, help me out here
i don't wanna mess up anything by hookin it up wrong
I have a chrome 1 wire on a 64 impala... I just hooked it up to the battery and thats it... Now you got a completely different car so ... I don't think anything will be hurt, try it see if its charging like it should and all your accessories work fine...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Aug 5 2003, 01:18 PM
thanks Fro
does your light on your dash still work ok.... the alt light?
that's my concern , too
if i remove wires, the light on the dash might come on and stay on
I believe the light comes on when I have the switch in on but not started, however I don't use that light... I installed oil pressure/water temp/voltage gauges under my dash... I don't like to rely on that... So I use my voltage gauge. You can get a full set for like 100$ chrome ones... they are really worth it.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
my homie did his and his damn alt/battery light stayed on...he just put some black tape over that and hooked up a volts gauge.. i guess its the price you gotta pay to go chrome...anybody know how to hook it up so the sensor would still work?? i'd like to get a chrome one for my regal but i want my light to still work...tryin to keep it clean and original

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just got back from finishing the install
i started it up and the alt light did not stay on
whatever i did, i guess it worked
i still gotta check and see if the light is just burned out, but i don't think it is
by the way, does anyone know if it is normal for a 100 amp chrome alternator to get extremely hot?
it seemed to be hotter than normal after it ran for only a couple minutes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts