LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what type of cylinder I would need to bag my wifes ES300. I did my install on my Grand Marquis, and I have alot of peices from upgrading that setup so all I really need is to know what I would actually use for the bag or cylinder. Only reason I say cylinder is because Ive read alot of the forums and see on most foriegn cars they use cylinders or they call them cans, and do these cylinders bolt up to stock or what type of fab am i gonna get into? Lemme know, all help is appriciated!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Air cylinders were used back in the day when they didnt make air struts. An air strut is basically an air bag or sleeve on a strut. Air cylinders weren't designed to be used on cars.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seen you had a post about a lex, what did you find out? Also where would I find the airstrut for this car, or is it like a regular bag, lots of fab
?
Thanks for your reply
I know phatz and NYCostoms got some advice for me too, come on guys need help

·
Registered
399 Posts
You can't put regular bags, like slams on that type of car. I have a 98 Lexus GS300 and I have front airlift struts and on the rear i have AIM air struts.

Airlift doesn't make any air struts for Lexus but they sell a universal one that you have to weld up the lower mount and use the OEM top mount.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You have 3 options. Use a UAS aero strut bag with the factory strut. Some fab work involved. Use Air lift Easy street universal struts. Alot of fab work involved. LASt, and I SAY LAST. AIM struts. They will make them to fit your vehicle. Usually will bolt-in, but you are taking your chances. You never know what you are going to get. Some work well, some dont. Its hit or miss and their customer service SUCKS BALLS. I would use the UAS aero bag. Ive had good luck with them.
Cylinders are the last resource for any vehicle, but with strut cars they dont work very well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on the aero's what exactly would I need to fab? and what site sells them and has specs and diagrams? appreciate the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts