5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hubley real toys?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Aug 29 2003, 03:38 PM
looks kinda like those cheezy ass all plastic cars you get in the 25 cent machines at the store. i have a bunch of lowrider ones.... impalas ect. they really suck if its the same thing. :thumbsdown:
so that wagons not 1/24 scale?damn will I ever be able to get a 58-59 wagon?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Aug 29 2003, 03:43 PM
so that wagons not 1/24 scale?damn will I ever be able to get a 58-59 wagon?
i dont know man, if that is the same thing i'm thinking they are then it is more like a 1:72 or somthing like that. lemme try and find mine and see what i got ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4&category=2592

Heres a 60 on ebay.
The one you have a pic of could be one of 3 things, Hubley did Plastic kits, Metal Kits, and Promos.
I suspect it is a promo. Yeah a little cheesy not much detail, but they can be detailed into a great curbside. Dealers used to use promos, if you came in to look at a car they gave you the model to take home and look at, theidea being you would keep staing at ti and want the car. If you bought the car they gave you the promo to keep. My Uncle collects all the new style Vettes ( Ertl ).
I think they may be slightly smaller than 1/24th but not sure.
Go to ebay and search for Hubley, there are abunch right now. Oh yeah don't be surprised if the promos are expensive, the old ones are collectible.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for the info so the one I posted is a promo maybe?and whats a curbside?

Last edited by 66pontiac at Aug 29 2003, 05:20 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Aug 29 2003, 05:19 PM
ok thanks for the info so the one I posted is a promo maybe?and whats a curbside?
"curbside" is a term for a model that has no engine, no opening doors/hood/trunk, and has no detail to the chassis. it's just something that sits there looking pretty so to speak. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts