LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im redoin my setup today and took the pumps apart ,the first pump didnt have a bolt stikin out of the block like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is it for and y didnt the other pump have one

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by oldsrider87@Aug 28 2005, 04:51 PM~3708201
what is it for and y didnt the other pump have one
only some have it, I'd recommend using that as the rear pump, if you trry to hop on that, you might lose some pressure, but maybe not. It help prevent the pressure from spiking if say, the solenoids stick, or someone lays on the switch, the relief opens up and bleeds the fluid from the pressure side, back into the tank.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gotcha,thankx that is the rear pump,would that be y the rear aint geetin no air at all,i can hop the front but the rear dont come off the ground

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anothe?,when i put it all back together ,fill tanks,get old oil out of the lines will i have 2 bleed the lines or will it be ok,i blew the lines out with air hose

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i had a old pump one time i took it apart there was a magnet in there to collect metal shavings i don't t remember how it attached

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Originally posted by tufly@Aug 28 2005, 02:04 PM~3708523
i had a old pump one time i took it apart there was a magnet in there to collect metal shavings i don't t remember how it attached
it was probably attached magnetically :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yes it is a pressure relief valve DO NOT ADJUST OR REMOVE IT when I worked at CCE I built several of those. The problem is that pumphead created too much pressure for it to hold. they basicly self destructed. LIKE 216 said use it for your rear for sure

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah its in the rear its been in my truck 4 about 5 years,would that be y i get no air in the rear it dond come off the ground at all

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by oldsrider87@Aug 29 2005, 01:12 AM~3709625
yeah its in the rear  its been in my truck 4 about 5 years,would that be y i get no air in the rear  it dond come off the ground at all

hmm...thats a wierd one and i dont see how it could be drilled to be a pressure relief?

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
it hoguht CCE just recently bought the rights to marzocchi?

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
damn, thats weird, i have 3 CCE pumps, and none of my pumpheads say CCE on them, just marzocchi, and some other shit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts