LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we were messing with it at work today trying to find a color for my cadi and we just mixed some green with some clear binder so it was transparent and sprayed it over a silver base came out sick when we added pearl to the color ill get some pics of the test card tomorrow

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no ones seriously done this???? i know i cant be the first to try it, ill definitely get pics tomorrow of how it looks in the sun yall gonna shit yourself especially how much cheaper it is!!!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
PPG radience colors are pretty much what your referring to ............. Its been done

A LONG ASS TIME AGO ...............

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
& Considering a gallon of PPG DBC 1689 costs somewhere in the area of $250+ (Dont quote me but, thats what I remember )

Its not much cheaper....................

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
A gallon of DBC 500 is $120 or so ,,, You still need a binder so ,,, you get the picture

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I couldn't afford the real Kandy back in the day, so we mixed "Plum Crazy" purple with some clear and shot it over silver. We threw in some left over flake and pearl in that budget mixture too. Shit was cool to me, but that was back in the like '92. Had the car for about a yrs, but then the car got wrecked so I don't know how it would have held up.
I asked this same question a few years ago and a couple people told me they had tried it also with good results.
:dunno:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Dec 30 2008, 08:56 PM~12564243
no ones seriously done this???? i know i cant be the first to try it, ill definitely get pics tomorrow of how it looks in the sun yall gonna shit yourself especially how much cheaper it is!!!
IT WILL WORK, THAT'S WHAT A KANDY BASICLY IS, BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT YOU NEED TO TOP COAT WITH A GOOD HIGH SOLIDS CLEAR TO PROTECT YOUR COLOR..... HOPE THIS HELPS ... PEACE...............................

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
try it like this too,base coat the car,then mix the clear and base together and spray a few coats then clear normally and the results will be a super deep paintjob

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 31 2008, 09:37 AM~12568023
try it like this too,base coat the car,then mix the clear and base together and spray a few coats then clear normally and the results will be a super deep paintjob
what the hell do you know :uh: :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Dec 31 2008, 10:14 AM~12568124
what the hell do you know :uh:  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :biggrin:
obviously more than you,again i HAVE seen your build topic! ;)

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by TWEEDY@Dec 31 2008, 11:41 AM~12568529
:eek:
:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Dec 30 2008, 07:56 PM~12564243
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I'd like to get some definitive answers on this subject , if anyone comes up with a lot of info, please post it!

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by BlueBerry@Dec 30 2008, 10:44 PM~12564830
PPG radience colors are pretty much what your referring to ............. Its been done
A LONG ASS TIME AGO ...............
Hell no, not even in the same ballpark.... or universe for that matter. I cant believe you said that. :0

Thats like saying a Geo Tracker is the same "pretty much" the same as a Phantom.

Yea, they are both modes of transportation.... but come on now. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by pink63impala@Dec 31 2008, 09:04 PM~12573409
i thought he was gonna say he added color dye or koolaid to clear and made some candy :biggrin:
Now that shit WORKS!!! Industry secret!!! :0

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Dec 31 2008, 08:28 PM~12574425
Now that shit WORKS!!! Industry secret!!!  :0

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Dec 31 2008, 06:52 PM~12572833
Hell no, not even in the same ballpark.... or universe for that matter. I cant believe you said that.  :0

Thats like saying a Geo Tracker is the same "pretty much" the same as a Phantom.

Yea, they are both modes of transportation.... but come on now.  :biggrin:
:werd:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts