LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tested them out today, they seems to work OK, but I got to keep checking.

Any others ever use these. I mean at 1" ports for $6.00 each new surplus, seems like a good deal to me.

I use one for a check and turn the other one arounf for the slow.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
if the price is right, why not?

not gonna hurt anything, although using it as a check my slow you down some, but the function will be correct

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh... I love it, people that don't follow everyone else? It's refreshing to see this.

The valves seem to work OK, I'm just wondering why it's not common for everyone else to use them.

These things are damn cheap to buy and look nice too. Mine are rated at 5,000 PSI, how many people use 5,000PSI, 1 inch port slowdowns and check valves that cost 12.00 a set? (NOS) Made by PARKER

...........Waiting for the bad news...........

Last edited by Hydros at Dec 20 2003, 08:07 PM

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
for most its prolly a waist because as a check you would never have them in any other position but closed...

but now that this topic has started, imagine this tony,

You running a dump that pressure locks... instead of making a mess in your trunk (or whereever??) you open the "CHECK VALVE" and release the pressure...

well????

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 20 2003, 08:15 PM
for most its prolly a waist because as a check you would never have them in any other position but closed...

You running a dump that pressure locks...  instead of making a mess in your trunk (or whereever??)   you open the "CHECK VALVE" and release the pressure...

well????
Yep, I thought about that too, but only after I installed them and was looking at what a nice job I did. We'll.... really after the car wouldn't stay up, did I discover I needed to close the one off I was using at the check. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 20 2003, 10:15 PM

You running a dump that pressure locks... instead of making a mess in your trunk (or whereever??) you open the "CHECK VALVE" and release the pressure...

well????
:thumbsup:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 20 2003, 09:13 PM
Now this Tony is NOT in my book, but its a GREAT IDEA, maybe I'll have to experiment with it a bit and write it in the next edition......

:cool: :cool:
Not only that, but hydros on a buget (spell check) could be a nice chapter.

I met a guy with 1000's of steel fittings all new, I bought about 45 different ( I did say different all have the #8 JIC) for about $1.10 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go ANTONIO!!!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by dough916@Dec 21 2003, 09:20 AM
pics? and where to get?
Give me a bit to post, sometime tonight.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Dec 20 2003, 09:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Dec 20 2003, 09:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo@Dec 20 2003, 09:13 PM
Now this Tony is NOT in my book, but its a GREAT IDEA, maybe I'll have to experiment with it a bit and write it in the next edition......

:cool:  :cool:
Not only that, but hydros on a budget (spell check) could be a nice chapter.

I met a guy with 1000's of steel fittings all new, I bought about 45 different ( I did say different all have the #8 JIC) for about $1.10 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go ANTONIO!!![/b][/quote]
but as some of us know that hydros on a buget can sometimes be trouble....

But more effecient and reliable parts that can be used such as old time war stuff would be good...

The problem is I don't have enough knowledge of that stuff nor the resources to write about it nor call it my own.....

Tony, you should publish a cross reference guide and parts catalouge for our use... If so I'll buy the first copy....

Last edited by Volv_lo at Dec 21 2003, 07:41 PM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flow control valves,

checked flow in one direction. (like a regular check valve)

and

controlled or no flow in the other. (like a slow down)

The one on the far right is the 1" the 25cent piece is the size of the port.

These flow controls cost me about $6.00 ea. NEW

The valve in the background is just some NEW 5,000 PSI 24VDC valve I picked up. Another great deal for those that don't copy everyone else. :0

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
thanks for the pic. i use two of the 1/2" for my slow downs on my front pump (i have two return ports) but did not know that they could also be check valves.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
OMG! if those are the fittings i think they are i know a shop right next to where i work that i can get those for "free" if i talk to the right person. ;) :biggrin: damn, too bad i'm off work for the next week. :(

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by dough916@Dec 22 2003, 10:31 AM
thanks for the pic. i use two of the 1/2" for my slow downs on my front pump (i have two return ports) but did not know that they could also be check valves.
they have to be a flow control valve to work as a check, a needle valve wont allow that option..

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 23 2003, 02:51 PM
Damn, good added info BDM (can I call you that?) I'm sure Richard is thinking hard now about the second ed.

Hey, how did you upload an .img file to this forum? The code shows: www.layitlow.com/forums/uploads

???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts