LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what is needed to convert these tanks into being capable for use in my setup?Anyone experienced using them?

Any help would be great!

;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
they are made by the same company that makes scuba tanks luxfor, I don't know if they will fill them up or if the neck has teh same thread as a scuba bottle, just buy a blue scuba tank and sticker it like a nos bottle if thats what you are looking for

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
you want the air tanks(scuba bottles) to look like nos bottles?

just paint them or buy them sports chalet has the same blue ones if they are made by the same companie or are the same rated bottle have the neck and valve switched on them

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Oct 31 2003, 03:31 PM
How much does the regulator go for?

Is it a fixed or adjustable psi regulator? :uh:
they are adjustable with tank pressure and out pressure guages

i just use a reg scuba regulater and have a guage on my car

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by joebomber52+Oct 31 2003, 06:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Oct 31 2003, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SIXONEFORLIFE@Oct 31 2003, 03:31 PM
How much does the regulator go for?

Is it a fixed or adjustable psi regulator? :uh:
they are adjustable with tank pressure and out pressure guages

i just use a reg scuba regulater and have a guage on my car[/b][/quote]
What kinda price am I looking at for a regulator?

·
Registered
407 Posts
DO NOT paint the tanks yourself!!!! it will deteriorate the tank. buy ones already painted. i know what i'm talking about here, but of course some ass is going to argue this with me. please take photos of the exploded tanks that you painted yourself so i can say i told you so...

thank you.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I'll bite..

if the tank is made of steel, how will paint deteriorate it?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I'll second...

How is paint going to eat or deteriorate a metal Nitrogen tank?

I've painted quite a few tanks and had no problems yet; also the company that services our tanks commented (after seeing one of our painted tanks) that the paint would prevent the tanks from forming any rust on the outside. The only thing they told me was not to paint over the sticker identifying what gas is inside or they wouldn't service the tanks.

*Not to mention they are one of the largest PRAXAIR distributors in Los Angeles County.

·
Registered
558 Posts
you can paint them, its not a problem, BUT, you have to let the paint air dry, you cant heat a bottle i.e put it in the baker at a paint booth, asked my dive guy already hope this helps

·
Registered
650 Posts
Originally posted by tredboy@Oct 31 2003, 06:38 PM
DO NOT paint the tanks yourself!!!! it will deteriorate the tank. buy ones already painted. i know what i'm talking about here, but of course some ass is going to argue this with me. please take photos of the exploded tanks that you painted yourself so i can say i told you so...

thank you.
So your saying that the tanks in all the custom cars at different car shows who have had them painted, are gonna explode? I dont think so. A buddy of mine has painted many tanks so far for different reasons. Some even being lamps built outta air tanks. Pretty dope, but no one has ever had a problem with the paint, deteriorating. The tanks are more surdy then your cars metal and your gonna say that a heavy ass tank is gonna deteriorate when your car still has the same metal on it since it was new?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, but I've never seen an air tank being sold that was raw steel ;)

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 1 2003, 03:29 PM
I may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, but I've never seen an air tank being sold that was raw steel ;)
IF IT SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT,THEN IT MUST BE! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have two 6 gallon show chromed tanks in my trunk that means they are Nuclear and if they if explode millions of innocent people will suffer. :angry: :angry: :angry: :uh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts