LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
the thing about optimas are they are sealed and they last longer with charging discharging re charging they do not loose "liquid"
the red is like a normal battery with good numbers cranking amps

yellow top is deep cycle battery

and the blue top is marine / starting battery it has high numbers

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've got a red one for the cars starter and 8 yellow tops for the pumps,no leaks no problems and they last a long time . You can paint them and not worry about hte paint bubbling but they are pricy but worth it. I had painted the normal group 31 's and they all started to peel from the acid that leaked.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
the red top delivers high-power cranking ability with greater resistance to the biggest causes of battery failure.the red top suits trucks, suvs, luxury cars, hot rods, off-road vehicles, and other applications that call for spill proof high-power long-lasting starting battery

optimas yellow top is nearly the only true dual porpose battery on the market.the yellow top works perfectlyin an application that demands cranking power and heavy cycling. trucks with winches cars with high demand audio systems, commercial trucks, and equipment all benefit from this batterys ultimate starting power abd deep cycling ability.

blue top ia available as either a starting battery or a deep cycle battery for marine applications. opyimadesigned it for boaters with electric trolling motors, onboard electronics, or for those who simply need a sure-starting maintenance free battery

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I had some red tops for 8 months and they worked great.

Then they got stolen..muthafucken thief bastards!!!!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i have red top for running and yellow for steroe had them for about 3 years still running hard

Last edited by joebomber52 at Dec 15 2003, 11:18 PM

·
Registered
540 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo+Dec 15 2003, 11:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Volv_lo @ Dec 15 2003, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--streetdreams420@Dec 15 2003, 09:09 PM
if i'm not mistaken you can get anykind in different color tops blue/red/yellow.
Lots of canadains on this site.... :0 :0 :0

Where in ONTARIO?[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: outside brampton..you?

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]+Dec 16 2003, 01:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([email protected] @ Dec 16 2003, 01:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ogcaddy@Dec 16 2003, 12:06 AM
blue and yellow are deep cycle. I think the yellow is thebetter of the two.
I WANT THE BLUEs to match my ride :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
I THOUUGHT YOU NISSAN SENTRA WAS HOT PINK.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
everyone says run group 31s, the optimas dont hold charge well. not really designed for hydrualic application. still debating myself, i can get orbitals dirt cheap.

Last edited by OrangeCounty58 at Dec 16 2003, 01:32 PM

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Dec 16 2003, 08:31 PM
everyone says run group 31s, the optimas dont hold charge well. not really designed for hydrualic application. still debating myself, i can get orbitals dirt cheap.
not true!
i've got 14 yellowtops and they are designed for hydraulic use e.t.c and they hold charge WAY better than any other brand i've tried! ;)

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 16 2003, 08:49 PM

Attachments

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Dec 16 2003, 08:31 PM
not really designed for hydraulic use huh? how come this is on their webpage for what the yellowtop is designed for then?

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 16 2003, 08:55 PM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts