LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you do a simple lay n play setup on a x-frame without reinforcing the stock lower trailing arms? Has anyone seen the arms fail on a street setup?

Like 4-6 batts,1-2 ton springs, no hopping, you get the picture...

I see a lot of people shave the lips off, then add a flat plate on the bottom, but how much strength is that really adding?

Also, does anyone know off the top of their head what the eye to eye length of the factory arms is?

thanks,Andrew

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,530 Posts
i know what the factory eye to eye is !

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
that purple impala i had for 4 years as a daily. i set it up 2 pumps 4 batterys two switches and bone stock factory frame. i never even cut the driveline tunnel.

8's front 10's in the rear never had an issue. with that said i think it depends more on the person than the setup.. some fools can fuck up ANYTHING.

center to center is 22.5. mufasa showed me how to read a tape measure. so that may not be correct.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Can you do a simple lay n play setup on a x-frame without reinforcing the stock lower trailing arms? Has anyone seen the arms fail on a street setup?

I see a lot of people shave the lips off, then add a flat plate on the bottom, but how much strength is that really adding?

Also, does anyone know off the top of their head what the eye to eye length of the factory arms is?

thanks,Andrew
I THOUGHT YOU KNEW EVERYTHING?????????????? AT LEAST YOU SEEM TO ACT LIKE IT. ANYWAY THO, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LOWRIDING? DO YOU THINK ALL THE SIXFOES LIFTED HAD REINFORCED T/A'S? NOBODY DID DAT CHIT UNTIL THE 90'S. THAT LEAVES 2.5 DECADES OF CARS THAT WERENT REINFORCED. SOME JOTO'S SHOULD STICK TO TROKAS WITH LEAF SPRINGS.

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,530 Posts
that purple impala i had for 4 years as a daily. i set it up 2 pumps 4 batterys two switches and bone stock factory frame. i never even cut the driveline tunnel. 8's front 10's in the rear never had an issue. with that said i think it depends more on the person than the setup.. some fools can fuck up ANYTHING. center to center is 22.5. mufasa showed me how to read a tape measure. so that may not be correct.
BASTARD!!

·
1,395 Posts
I THOUGHT YOU KNEW EVERYTHING?????????????? AT LEAST YOU SEEM TO ACT LIKE IT. ANYWAY THO, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LOWRIDING? DO YOU THINK ALL THE SIXFOES LIFTED HAD REINFORCED T/A'S? NOBODY DID DAT CHIT UNTIL THE 90'S. THAT LEAVES 2.5 DECADES OF CARS THAT WERENT REINFORCED. SOME JOTO'S SHOULD STICK TO TROKAS WITH LEAF SPRINGS.
:drama:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

thanks,Andrew
Funny really because its the rolled lips at the bottom and the curves at the top edge that give the stock arms their strength.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Funny really because its the rolled lips at the bottom and the curves at the top edge that give the stock arms their strength.
I've never seen anyone (at least not anyone that knows what they are doing) shave the lips off of their T/A before, because it would weaken them. I've seen people wrap the side of them which makes it look like the lip is gone.

·
BACK BUMPER KING!
9,756 Posts
:wow:

·
Registered
670 Posts
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.