LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
ya it should get the job done. But those amps are real long. How much does it cost. I would look into getting one of the hifonic brutus bx1500. And also if you get the lanzar amp and are running the subs ported you will need an external subsonic filter becasue the amp doesnt have one.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by westrides@Dec 18 2003, 02:15 PM
they are ported and what the hell is a subsonic filter
i prevents the subs from playing below a certain frequency, so its like a crossover. If the sub play to low below the tuning the subs will bottom out(not sure if thats the right term), but anyways the subs could get fucked up from playing to much below the tuning of the box. But depending on the tune of the box and the music you listen to you prolly wont need one.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
One of my boys had two Lanzar Optidrive 50c amps pushing 8 dvc Petras Hyperthrow 12" back in the day. He put one of the amps of and used the other to push two dvc 2ohm Memphis HP subs. All of these vehicles were daily driven and played loud on a constant basis. He loved them and as far as I know he never had any problems with them. The amps are about 7 years old and are still working like they did day one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts