LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my rims mounted and balanced two days ago, and lastnight I hit a bigass pothole in the center of the road, Boom!flop flop, my front tire blew out, and now my rims bent, I am so pissed, I was only go'n 35mph,
I am going to file a police report today, and try and get the city to pay for this, but I know there probly gunna just dick me around
what should I do, I didn't even have the rims on for a couple of days, the stickers still on the tire? the tire's side wall has a deep gash in it? I can't believe this

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but the city wont pay for it, and if they were low profile tires then you cant even take them back and get a replacement. Cus most places dont warranty low profile side walls. Its happened to me many times. Livin in MI you just gotta expect that shit.

Last edited by Bumps N Jumps at Oct 15 2003, 06:10 PM

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You could always just go and sue the city for the cost of repair / replacement of your tire & rim. Then you should also let them know that you would be willing to drop the suit if they just paid for your damages and promised to fix the street within a week or something.

It would cost them more to litigate against you in that lawsuit, then it would be for them to just pay for a new rim & tire and fixing the pothole ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
aye dog call them first and complain about the whole dont tell them about the tire then call the next day with your real name and file a moral obligation claim with them to get your wheeel and tire fixed alot of times they will pay u just to shut u up, but they wont pay if u hit the hole and they didnt know it was there , come to think of it have a couple of your friends make complaints about the hole first . let me know peace

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by dmsfresh@Oct 15 2003, 11:29 PM
aye dog call them first and complain about the whole dont tell them about the tire then call the next day with your real name and file a moral obligation claim with them to get your wheeel and tire fixed alot of times they will pay u just to shut u up, but they wont pay if u hit the hole and they didnt know it was there , come to think of it have a couple of your friends make complaints about the hole first . let me know peace
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Originally posted by dmsfresh@Oct 15 2003, 11:29 PM
now thats a smart idea!!!!!! try that homieee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts