LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's happening to the custom wheel market? Why are most custom wheels seen today TOO big? What happened to the tight 13's and 14's that I always used to see. I don't like to hate, but I can't stand seeing big rims on tiny cars. The big rims look good only on SUV's to me and that's just a couple of them. I'm always going to stick to the 13's & 14's no matter how much they fade out. How does everyone else feel?

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
man, small rims will NEVER fade out. If you talk about lowriders you talk about hydro`s and small rims. There are alot of posers and players and ignorant people who think they cool by copying some rapper. shit i will always ride 13s even if im the only one in the world, and i think most true lowriders think that way. We should respect the old schol, because those are the lowrider-roots, and wires were there from the beginning!

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by deez nutz@Aug 16 2003, 07:14 AM
13z and 14z been around since the early 70z they aint going anywear :guns:
very good point..all these big wheel riders will go back to 13's and 14's..as soon as rappers stop rapping about these big tonka wheels..lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
I just got my car up to school here and I roll 13z and shit I get too many props for keeping it old school :cool:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
wow 6 people think they arent fading out. its sad but true. they are fading out. and i dont think big rims are going anywhere anytime soon. why do you think they are so cheap?..because nobody (not including myself) wants them anymore. why do you think 20+ cost so much? because people will pay.

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 16 2003, 03:35 PM
wow 6 people think they arent fading out. its sad but true. they are fading out. and i dont think big rims are going anywhere anytime soon. why do you think they are so cheap?..because nobody (not including myself) wants them anymore. why do you think 20+ cost so much? because people will pay.
all naw man what kind of bullshit talk is that i tell you what if 13's and 14's and skinny tires become no more then i gonna put a pistol to my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i bet these big ass oversized rims gonna fade soon just give it some more time dogg the real riders will live and the dub riders will die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuck new school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Aug 16 2003, 04:51 PM
:tears: i fear that someday we will lose. tires are going to be the first thing we wont beable to get ahold of
no way man westcoast gonna keep the tradition alive and well hell it's been around this long so it ain't going nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Aug 16 2003, 11:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Aug 16 2003, 11:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lone star@Aug 16 2003, 03:35 PM
wow 6 people think they arent fading out. its sad but true. they are fading out. and i dont think big rims are going anywhere anytime soon.  why do you think they are so cheap?..because nobody (not including myself) wants them anymore. why do you think 20+ cost so much? because people will pay.
all naw man what kind of bullshit talk is that i tell you what if 13's and 14's and skinny tires become no more then i gonna put a pistol to my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i bet these big ass oversized rims gonna fade soon just give it some more time dogg the real riders will live and the dub riders will die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuck new school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
notice i said not including myself. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by Joost....@Aug 16 2003, 04:28 AM
man, small rims will NEVER fade out. If you talk about lowriders you talk about hydro`s and small rims. There are alot of posers and players and ignorant people who think they cool by copying some rapper. shit i will always ride 13s even if im the only one in the world, and i think most true lowriders think that way. We should respect the old schol, because those are the lowrider-roots, and wires were there from the beginning!
;)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
hell naw ... i know small rims are less out here ... but to the heart i aint changing cause another crowd is doin it ...let them do their thang i'm gonna do mine ... i talked to as-10 mini trucker out here on 17' or 18 inch alloys ... but he assured me he had a set of d's at home for it ... (he's forgiven)

love knowin that me and my ride have the same size feet ....

and if i ever come out with anything with rims bigger than say a 17(remember about ten years ago this was the biggest?)you can be damn sure it's gonna be a monster! (say maybe a hummer with white walls...lol)

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
hell no 13z n 14z will be here forever one day we will rule the world (sorry gettin a bit carried away lol) i dig big rims on suvs etc but real cars roll small wires

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
13's and 14's will never die!
There just marinating and gettin better.
I'll stick with my 13z while the bandwagon big rims get played out! :cool:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
IM OUT HERE IN NC AND I THINK ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOURE ROLLN. IVE BEEN ROLLING "REAL CARS" I WAS 16 . 3 CUTTYS , A MONTE CARLO ,AND MY COUPE DEVILLE . THEY ALL HAD 13 OR 14s. BUT THEY ALSO HAD SWITCHES.IM 22 NOW AND IVE GOT A 2 YEAR OLD SO I BOUGHT A CADDY STS TO DRIVE DAILY ITS ON 18s NOW [SPOKES OF COURSE] AND IVE GOT SOME 20 INCH LEXANIS FOR IT TOO. IT JUST WOULDNT LOOK RIGHT ON 10s.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
13'z and 14'z will never fade away!

but ill tell you this finding a set of 5.20's to fit some 13'z is getting harder to find!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
BUT MY 3PUMP COUPE DEVILLE IS ON 14s.THE SMALL RIMS ARENT GOING ANYWHERE BUT THEY DONT GO ON EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Lowriders roll 13's and 14's only, nothing else will ever be accepted its as simple as that, anything else just isnt lowriding.

If you took Southside Player and put 20's on it, it would no longer be a lowrider. :cool:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ask half those guys out west and theyll tell you,13s on the lowrider but something big on the daily driver. Even they are starting to do differnt things with their rims,like paint ,powder coating and even BIG WHEELS ON G-BODIES AND LACS,at first i was aganst it but cars are front wheel drive ,uni-bodies now, we gotta do something to them.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
And it would be a lowrider , just NEW AGE , not that 20s would look better than 13s on THAT car.But that is an option for someone who doesnt want to cut a clean classic car.If you got 13s you need lifts or it just dont feel right.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts