1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these the right size tires for my 17x9
(665 Limited rims)

Federal TTIC 215/45R17

what series tires are these? and does anyone know where I can get another one for a decent price, thanks

The tires sidewall looks pretty small, the rims and tires are on a 96 Linc town car, Do I need bigger tires?

I recently had one of these tires blow out

heres a link to the rim if that helps

http://www.thedealonwheels.com/php/showwhe...d&brandsearch=1

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Not familiar with the quality of Federals but a 215/45 probably DOES NOT have the proper load rating for a heavy ass town car. Could be why the tire ruptured. I personally roll Sumitomo 245/40's which are right at the limit as far as load rating goes for my LHS and all of the shit I have in it. So you might want to check load ratings before you get your next set.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Oct 16 2003, 01:08 PM
where can I find out if these rims are right for my car
The wheels shouldn't be the problem. Sounds like your tires don't have the proper load rating.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Oct 17 2003, 12:56 AM
what is the proper load rating for a 1996 lincoln towncar
Does no one do a little research anymore? Try opening the owner's manual.

The Signature Series of the '96 Towncar curb weight is 4,031 pounds.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats that have to do with anything, thats why I asked anyone on here if they would know, I figured ya would but I guess nobody nows anyting about this.

I know how much my car weighs

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Oct 17 2003, 08:25 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Well if you know how much your car weighs, and you know how many tires you have on it. The rest is a simple word problem...

If Johnny has a 2-ton Towncar, and Jane has 4 K/O's to sit it on. How much weight does each wheel have to support?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts