LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ima bout to paint my bike, the paint i was gonna use is the hok kanyds, flakes, and pearl.

do you think it will look good if i do a lime gold pearl base and then clear w/ultra silver mini flake and then top it off with a kandy oriental blue, and then a few final coats of regular clear coats?

do you think it will turn out straight or look like booty

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Dec 25 2003, 09:16 PM
ok ima bout to paint my bike, the paint i was gonna use is the hok kanyds, flakes, and pearl.

do you think it will look good if i do a lime gold pearl base and then clear w/ultra silver mini flake and then top it off with a kandy oriental blue, and then a few final coats of regular clear coats?

do you think it will turn out straight or look like booty
Don't you need a base under the Lime gold pearl? I would think the effect of the pearl would be pointless since you bury it under the flake and Kandy. What kind of shade are you looking for?

K. Diaz

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Dec 25 2003, 10:21 PM
Don't you need a base under the Lime gold pearl? I would think the effect of the pearl would be pointless since you bury it under the flake and Kandy. What kind of shade are you looking for?

K. Diaz
yeah, you need a flat white or flat black base under the lime pearl depending on what shade you want out of it.

i'm thinking the blue candy over it is going to give it a nasty piss color but dont hold me to it.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I think he's going for a blue with a green tint. If that's the case, I think a dark blue base color, then the Lime gold pearl over that is the way to go. I'd drop the flakes.

Otherwise, maybe silver base, silver flake in clear, Kandy blue, and the lime gold pearl in the clear.

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Dec 25 2003, 09:36 PM

·
Registered
276 Posts
from what i've seen being painted around here it's exactly what you said poppa :thumbsup:

but like i said if he does it the way he said i have a feeling that its going to look either like piss or puke of some sort. :dunno:

the bossmans out of town at families for christmas so i can't ask him to make sure.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well yea i think ill jus use the flake cuz i wanted the blue to be kinda light, since the name of the bike is cool water, and all. ill jus save that and the kandy brandywine i got, for my models or what ever, oh and i also got a couple cans of kandy cobalt blue too

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sure did, i got 2 cans of kandy brandywine, cobalt blue, oriental blue, clear. and i also got the lime gold pearl and the clear with ultra mini flake :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they are reel cool, good customer service, and the package arrived at my door 5 days after ordering it. il give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by b_boy02000 at Dec 26 2003, 11:58 AM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts