LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I OWN MY 13,000SQ FT BUILDING IN DETROIT FREE AND CLEAR AND IVE HAD IT FOR SALE FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS AND TODAY AN OFFER HAS BEEN PUT ON THE TABLE. BUT IF I SELL ILL NEVER GET THAT BIG OF BUILDING FOR THE MONEY I HAVE BEEN OFFERED. ON THE OTHER HAND I COULD MOVE OUT OF THE HOOD AND IN ALOT BETTER AREA. WHAT MOVE WOULD YOU MAKE? WOULD YOU STAY IN A BIG BUILDING YOU OWN IN THE HOOD ONLY HAVING TO PAY TAXES AND UTILITIES OR SELL AND MOVE INTO A SMALLER BUT NEWER BUILDING IN A BETTER AREA BUT THEN HAVE TO PAY RENT ON TOP OF TAXES AND UTILITIES?
I HAVE 24HRS TO GIVE THE BUYER AN ANSWER

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Originally posted by STRICTLY1@Feb 4 2010, 11:30 AM~16510438
I OWN MY 13,000SQ FT BUILDING IN DETROIT FREE AND CLEAR AND IVE HAD IT FOR SALE FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS AND TODAY AN OFFER HAS BEEN PUT ON THE TABLE. BUT IF I SELL ILL NEVER GET THAT BIG OF BUILDING FOR THE MONEY I HAVE BEEN OFFERED. ON THE OTHER HAND I  COULD MOVE OUT OF THE HOOD AND IN ALOT BETTER AREA. WHAT MOVE WOULD YOU MAKE? WOULD YOU STAY IN A BIG BUILDING YOU OWN IN THE HOOD ONLY HAVING TO PAY TAXES AND UTILITIES OR SELL AND MOVE INTO A SMALLER BUT NEWER BUILDING IN A BETTER AREA BUT THEN HAVE TO PAY RENT ON TOP OF TAXES AND UTILITIES?
I HAVE 24HRS TO GIVE THE BUYER AN ANSWER
Stay in the paid-off hood building :biggrin: If you ain't never had problems there ofcourse

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
13000sqft :wow: keep it . Paying rent just adds to your overhead. I would keep half for myself and slpit the other half into smaller units and rent them out.with the money you make on rent remodel the building lil by lil :yes:

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
stay at the free and clear building, keep your overhead down

·
Registered
638 Posts
Originally posted by Elpintor@Feb 4 2010, 10:44 AM~16510615
13000sqft :wow: keep it . Paying rent just adds to your overhead. I would keep half for myself and slpit the other half into smaller units and rent them out.with the money you make on rent  remodel the building lil by lil :yes:

I like this idea also. If you don't use all of your building rent out what is not being used save as much of the rent money as possible. Eventually you will be able to pay off a newer building in a nicer area. You will only be paying utilities and taxes which may be higher in a nicer area but at least you own the place. Also consider doing renovations if needed. Once you move you can rent out the whole building which creates residual income on a monthly basis for you and your business.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
start a drug manufacturing factory and indoor stripmall for the aforementioned contraband

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
unless your running a shop or something sell it do you really need 13000sf sell it and buy a smaller shop in a nicer area

·
Registered
110 Posts
Like someone said earlier, keep half for you, split the difference into smaller spaces you can rent out, the positive income will offset what you pay in taxes and utilities.

UNLESS they are giving you a hell of an offer dont let it go.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
off topic :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I've always figured, everything I've seen a company or individual build, its never big enough. If you've got more room than you need, consider it a blessing and take advantage of it. I've never seen someone have a shop built or bought and the owner not say " Would be nice if I had one more stall" etc

Finding a way to rent out a portion of it isnt a bad idea either.

Walls have been constructed for far worse reasons before :)

·
jus chippin
3,772 Posts
i would keep it being thats its urs no bills on it espically the way the economy is now

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Feb 4 2010, 08:05 PM~16515197
YOU IN DETROIT, MOVE OUT
:wow: :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your inputs I've made the decision to stay and turn down the offer and we are thinking about turning our extra room in the building into a chrome plating facility after we acquire the capitol to do so

·
More posts than Cornbread
9,662 Posts
Originally posted by STRICTLY1@Feb 5 2010, 10:05 AM~16520251
Thanks for all your inputs I've made the decision to stay and turn down the offer and we are thinking about turning our extra room in the building into a chrome plating facility after we acquire the capitol to do so

Let me know if you do, were looking for a chrome plater in our area.

As of now the only two places chroming here in Toledo, take there big parts to Detroit to get chromed anyways, so we figure why not cut out the middle man ;)

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by STRICTLY1@Feb 5 2010, 08:05 AM~16520251
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by fesboogie@Feb 5 2010, 01:51 AM~16518709
:wow:  :roflmao:
I ALWAYS JOKE WITH MY STUDENTS WHEN I ASK WERE EVERYONE IS FROM, I ALWAYS GET THE GUY FROM DETROIT. LIKE YOU FROM DETROIT, HMMM MADE IT OUT HUH, ALWAYS GETS A LAUGH FROM THE OTHER STUDENTS.. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts