LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you guys, i have a few questions. I'm thinking about putting a 2 pump setup in my van and i need 2 know do i need to lower the van first, and if so what would be the best way. Thankz

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop told me that the would either have to do a 4 link or a flip kit on the rear, and I forgot what they said about the front, but they said it would cost around $850 to lower it and install the cylinders. does this price sound about right?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
IF that price includes the flip kit I would say close

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
DO the SAME THING? NO all a flip kit does is "FLIP" The Leaf Springs in the rear UNDER The Axle instead of on top like it is from the factory. The 4 link would be a better idea but Quite a bit more expensive I would assume. ALSO I wouldn't C notch it at all The ASTRO IS NOT "FULL FRAME" AND THAT WILL WEAKEN IT QUITE A BIT

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
i had a 88 astro with 8" up front..12 in back.........no flip kit,do 4 link and a notch .....it has composite mono leafs..they are crap......and when you putt the cyls up front is when you lower it by cutting your coils down to desired hight.... yo i would just do itt my self tthat price is pretty high for my taste...if anything let them install the rear only-a 4 link kit with 12" cyls coil over sttyle and a nottch..it can gett a lil involved..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i would keep my stock springs up front and just cut them down and use them with the cylinders?

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Originally posted by hystro@Sep 19 2005, 11:46 AM~3843372
so i would keep my stock springs up front and just cut them down and use them with the cylinders?
i would use a stiffer spring up front..i ran 3 ton witth real good results....butt you could use your sttock front coils on the rear coil over sett up.. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is it true, that it is harder to put a setup in a astro van, than it is to put one in a Regal, Monte? just curious

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
most GMs have similar front ends....the rear of the astro is completely different. the rear end will require some fabrication. you may even want to build a bridge in the rear...thats what we are doing in my suburban.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by LAC'N_NOTHING@Sep 20 2005, 03:18 PM~3851851
someone thinks they know more than they do!!!
astro vans sit on the same frame as an s-10 or s-15
An Astro is a Uni-body and doesn't have a frame. The front suspension is the same as a Caprice not a g-body.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
;)
Originally posted by yetti@Sep 20 2005, 05:54 PM~3853283
An Astro is a Uni-body and doesn't have a frame.  The front suspension is the same as a Caprice not a g-body.
the asttro is indeed a unibody.......i notttched ittt and reinforced it with a bridge...be carful welding he notch because since itt is unibody it has "frame rails "made of sheett mettal ..ihad no probs...tthe front is simalar to all gm front suspension.....ive also heard of puttting an asttro on a s10 frame......havent seen it yettt

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Originally posted by LAC'N_NOTHING@Sep 24 2005, 10:15 PM~3879660
i know my 88 astro had a frame
it was not unibody
i know this cuz i wraped it with 3/16 steel all 4 sides
the upper and lower control arms are like a 80's caddy or caprice
:cool:
ok butt unless someone completley customized a frame under tthe van ...itt wouldnt be a full frame from tthe factory........i guarantee ! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts